BDA Food Fact Sheets
Diet, Behaviour and Learning in Children Fact Sheet
- Bateman B, Warner JO, Hutchinson E et al. The effects of a double blind, placebo controlled, artificial food colourings and benzoate preservative challenge on hyperactivity in a general population sample of pre-school children. Arch Dis Childh, 2004, 89 506-11.
- Richardson A J, Montgomery P The Oxford-Durham Study: a Randomized Controlled Trial of Dietary Supplementation with Fatty Acids in Children with Developmental Co-ordination Disorder. Paediatr, 2005, 115 1360-66.
- Su KP, Huang SY, Chiu CC, Shen WW Omega 3 Fatty Acids in Major Depressive Disorder. A Preliminary Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial. Europ J Neuropsychopharmacol, 2003, 13 267-71.
- Peet M, Brind J, Ramchand CN, Shah S, Vankar GK Two Double Blind Placebo Controlled Pilot Studies of Eicosapentaenoic Acid in the Treatment of Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Res, 2001, 49 243-51.
- Richardson A J, Puri BK A Randomized Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of the Effects of Supplementation with Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids on ADHD-related Symptoms in Children with Specific Learning Difficulties. Prog Neurosychopharmacol Biol Psych, 2002, 26 (2) 233-39.
- Richardson AJ, Montgomery P The Oxford-Durham Study: a Randomized Controlled Trial of Dietary Supplementation with Fatty Acids in Children with Developmental Co-ordination Disorder. Paediatr, 2005, 115 1360-66.
- Richardson AJ, Ross M A. Fatty Acid Metabolism in Neurodevelopmental Disorder: a new perspective on associations between attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia and the autistic spectrum. Prostoglan Leukotr Ess Fatty Acids, 2000, 63 1-9.
General professional consensus, but more robust research is needed.