The event will take place at:
IET Birmingham, Austin Court,
80 Cambridge Street,
The venue is in the city centre of Birmingham and only a 15-20 minute walk from the Birmingham mainline train stations.
A unique listed building in the waterside location of Brindleyplace, IET Birmingham: Austin Court offers space for conferences, banqueting, exhibitions and weddings, as well as training facilities and outdoor space.
- canal-side location in the Brindleyplace development at the centre of Birmingham’s thriving business district.
- unique historical character - once a metal and nail merchants, this beautifully restored listed building boasts many original features.
- versatile spaces make IET Birmingham: Austin Court an ideal wedding venue, as well as the place to be for drinks receptions, meetings, networking and corporate events.
- exceptional cuisine - we provide delicious catering options ranging from fine dining to canapés.
- complimentary WiFi.
The majority of our rooms have natural daylight with our largest room opening out onto Birmingham's canals.
From any of the 3 main line rail stations in Birmingham, New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street, it is 5 minutes by taxi or 15-20 minutes on foot.
Walking from Birmingham New Street Station
Allow 15-20 minutes to walk this route:
- Leave the platform at the 'B end' and take the stairs to the "Way out to Victoria Square".
- When outside, cross the road (Navigation St) and continue directly ahead up Pinfold Street.
- At the top of the hill the Council House with its clock tower ("Big Brum") can be seen. As you enter Victoria Square, on your left is the Town Hall (modelled on a Grecian Temple). Follow the signposts for Paradise Forum, Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena.
- Continue straight - the Central Library is ahead on the opposite side of Chamberlain Square. Follow the ramp around the edge of the arena and just to the left of the main entrance to the Central Library.
- Behind Priestley's statue, a signpost to Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena points to the entrance to Paradise Forum. Walk through the Mall and exit over the footbridge into Centenary Square, passing the Hall of Memory on your left.
- Continue towards the ICC and Birmingham Repertory Theatre, turn right in front of the International Convention Centre to meet Cambridge St.
- Turn left, follow the road until you reach IET Birmingham: Austin Court on your left.
Please type in the postcode ‘B1 2NP’ into a route-finder or satnav, which will direct you straight to IET Birmingham: Austin Court.
There is limited parking outside the venue. If the car park is full, the nearest parking is at the National Indoor Arena (pay-and-display). There is also limited street parking (meters) in side streets opposite the NIA, also on the south side of Broad St (A456).
Birmingham Newhall Street car park is the closest car park at 0.6 miles away. For more information on parking, go to the NCP website.
Birmingham International Airport is a 10 minute train journey to Birmingham New St train station. Alternatively a taxi journey is approximately 25 minutes.
IET Birmingham: Austin Court is adjacent to Tindal Bridge, at the top of Farmers Bridge Locks where the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal joins the Wolverhampton Main Line.