With this licence, users within your institution or on your computer system network can instantly access PEN from any computer you identify within your computer system network without entering a username or password. Large health care facilities and university and health care institution libraries primarily purchase site licences.
Site licences are sold in blocks of 5 user licences. Institutions purchase blocks of user licences, which are shared throughout the worksite. The number of blocks purchased determines the maximum number of people who can login to PEN simultaneously (one block of 5 user licences supports 5 people online at a time). Institutions must determine how many people they expect will utilize PEN at a given time and purchase the appropriate number of 5-licence blocks. Worksite PEN usage statistics will be available to the account administrator to assist them with evaluating the optimal number of 5-licence blocks for their institution.
The users of the site licence will need to identify one or more people as the account administrator. This person is responsible for placing the order, entering/updating the site IP addresses, entering/updating facility contact information and acting as the main contact for technical support issues, should it be necessary. The account administrator does not have to be one of the users who will be accessing PEN.
Advantages of Site Licences:
- Users do not require a username/password to access PEN. Access to PEN is seamless.
- The account administrator does not have to assign licenses to users.
- Can easily be set up in an institution or large enterprise or on a computer network.
Disadvantages of Site Licences:
- Will require the help of your facility technical staff to identify your IP (Internet Protocol) address (es) to allow seamless access to PEN.
- Users can only access PEN while located at the institution. (Alternatively, users can access PEN from outside of the institution by using a VPN or “Virtual Private Network.” Users should speak to their facility’s Information Technology group to see if this option is available to them.)
- There is no price advantage (discount) to BDA members over non-members.
Requirements for Site Licences:
- The location must have static IP addresses (most institutions use static IP address. Speak to your facility’s Information Technology group if you are not sure). If you do not use static IP address but would still like to use a Site Licence, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One or more people must act as an account administrator on behalf of the institution.
- The account administrator will be responsible for distributing the site's unique PEN login URL (link) to all users of the site licences. The account administrator will all receive any relevant communications from the PEN Team for dissemination to site users as well as site license usage reports.