Public Health Responsibility Deal
The BDA has laid out how it will meet the pledges it has signed up to:
The BDA has signed up to the following collective pledges:
H1. We will embed the principles of the chronic conditions guides (developed through the Responsibility Deal’s health at work network) within HR procedures to ensure that those with chronic conditions at work are managed in the best way possible with reasonable flexibilities and workplace adjustments.
H2. We will use only occupational health services which meet the new occupational health standards and which aim to be accredited by 2012/13.
H4. We will implement some basic measures for encouraging healthier staff restaurants/ vending outlets/buffets for staff, including:
- Ensuring the availability of healthier foods and beverages in all available channels to employees;
- Working with caterers to reformulate recipes to provide meals which are lower in fat, salt, and energy and which do not contain artificial trans fats;
- Provision of responsibly sized portions of foods;
- Provision and promotion of the consumption of fruit and vegetables through availability and price promotion;
- Provision of calories and/or Guideline Daily Amounts on menus per portion as a minimum (further nutrients optional);
- Ensure that water is visible and freely available.