This new award for extraordinary circumstances celebrates members who go above and beyond to support the dietetic community in times of rapid change and disruption.
The Extraordinary Circumstances Award - COVID-19 Pandemic Response is open to groups of members only. If you wish to celebrate an individual for exceptional work around COVID-19 please consider the Roll of Honour, COVID-19 Community Heroes or our other awards that celebrate individual contributions.
This award is open to groups of members who have made a valuable and significant contribution to support the BDA's – and the dietetic community's – response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes, but is not limited to, empowering members to navigate the rapid changes to practice, providing members with guidance, education and resources, providing a valuable support network and supporting BDA staff to inform and guide the BDA’s position in key areas.
The project/work may have been undertaken on a multi-disciplinary basis but the contribution of the dietetic representatives must be clearly illustrated.
To apply for the Extraordinary Circumstances Award - COVID-19 pandemic response you must:
- Be a member of the British Dietetic Association
- Be part of a group who have made a contribution to support the BDA, and the dietetic communities, response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Multi-disciplinary groups will be considered provided that the contribution of the dietetic representatives is clearly illustrated.
- Provide a summary and impact of the work undertaken to support the dietetic community’s response to the pandemic (600 words total)
- What activity did you undertake to support the dietetic community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic? (Max 300 words)
- What was the impact on the profession? Have any lasting changes been made as a result? (Max 300 words)
Following a number of requests the deadline for applications has been extended to 10am on Monday 27 September 2021.
The awards will be presented at our virtual awards ceremony on the evening of Thursday 4 November 2021.