This award for extraordinary circumstances celebrates members who go above and beyond to support the dietetic community in times of rapid change and disruption.
The Extraordinary Circumstances Award - COVID-19 Pandemic Response is open to groups of members only. If you wish to celebrate an individual for exceptional work around COVID-19 please consider the Roll of Honour, COVID-19 Community Heroes or our other awards that celebrate individual contributions.
This award is open to groups of members who have made a valuable and significant contribution to support the BDA's – and the dietetic community's – response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes, but is not limited to, empowering members to navigate the rapid changes to practice, providing members with guidance, education and resources, providing a valuable support network and supporting BDA staff to inform and guide the BDA’s position in key areas.
The project/work may have been undertaken on a multi-disciplinary basis but the contribution of the dietetic representatives must be clearly illustrated.
Throughout the last 18 months the Critical Care Specialist Group committee have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to supporting, educating and leading the dietetic community through the crisis of the pandemic. Through their philosophy of compassionate leadership the committee have been united in providing dietitians with the tools and knowledge needed to provide safe, responsive and effective patient care.
The judging panel on 2021 winners BDA Critical Care Specialist Group
To apply for the Extraordinary Circumstances Award - COVID-19 pandemic response you must:
- Be a member of the British Dietetic Association
- Be part of a group who have made a contribution to support the BDA and/or the dietetic communities, response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Multi-disciplinary groups will be considered provided that the contribution of the dietetic representatives is clearly illustrated.
- Provide a summary and impact of the work undertaken to support the dietetic community’s response to the pandemic (600 words total)
Deadline for submissions are 10am on Wednesday 25 May. The awards will be presented at our awards ceremony on the evening of Tuesday 5 July 2022 in Birmingham.
- 2021 - BDA Critical Care Specialist Group
Apply or nominate for this award