The BDA has a vacancy for a member to join its Quality Standards Committee (QSC). The QSC is accountable to the BDA Board of Directors (BODS).
The overarching aim of QSC is to develop and utilise a quality assurance framework to endorse, accredit or validate education and training in dietetics and nutrition with individual functions as follows:
- To hold delegated responsibility for the accreditation of formal education in dietetics at all levels in the dietetic career framework:
- To develop and implement processes for the accreditation of education in dietetics.
- To receive and approve reports from accreditation assessors.
- To have oversight of the quality assurance processes associated with BDA owned / developed courses (Centre for Education and Development)
- To have oversight of the quality assurance processes associated with BDA endorsement of education, training and development.
- To develop additional quality assurance mechanisms delegated by the BODS.
- To report to the BODS on the activity of the committee and any emerging themes or issues which the Board needs to be aware of.
- To undertake project work as delegated by the BODS.
The committee is held two times a year, one meeting will be via teleconference and the other is a face-to-face meeting in July which is held at the BDA office in Birmingham.
Applicants for the posts must meet the following criteria:
- Be an HCPC registered dietitian and full member of the BDA;
- Be a senior level dietitian, working within practice;
- Have significant experience of delivering or commissioning dietetic training for a team;
- Have significant experience as a practice educator (pre-registration students);
- Have demonstrable experience of meeting quality assurance requirements within their work.
If you would like to be considered for this post, please email a copy of your CV and a brief covering email / letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 July 2022. These will then be reviewed by the Committee Chair.