This online, self directed module, is open access so that you can complete at a time and place that is convenient to you,
The module is aimed at all dietitians: newly qualified or practicing for many years; those working in an acute setting, the community or on a freelance basis; adult and paediatric-focused dietitians.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply principles of medicines optimisation to dietetic practice
- Understand the data source, monitoring and impact of nutritional product prescription in the wider healthcare economy
- Understand the purpose of formularies and their role in assisting appropriate prescribing
- Understand nutritional product pricing and procurement across the health economy
- Improve communication with GP practices through better understanding of prescription management in GP practices
What topics does it cover?
This course covers, among other topics:
- Product costs
- Evidence base for nutritional products and ACBS
- Healthcare setting and influence on prescribing behaviour
- Patient centred care
- Working with GPs
Please refer to the BDA Booking Terms and Conditions before completing your booking.
- BDA Member £75
- Non member £120