2017 - Awards & Honours Dinner
The 2017 BDA Awards Dinner took place on Tuesday 4 July 2017 in Birmingham.
It was an evening of networking and celebrating dietetics with presentation of 4 BDA Awards, 4 Honours and 3 GET Awards.
Find out more about 2017 the winners - full coverage in the news article
BDA Awards presented included
- BDA Specialist Group of the Year awarded to Freelance Specialist Group
- BDA Branch of the Year awarded to Yorkshire Branch
- BDA Media Spokesperson of the Year awarded to Anna Daniels
- BDATrade Union Rep of the Year awarded to Alison Campbell
BDA Honours presented included
- Fellowship awarded to Professor Kevin Whelan
- Ibex awarded to Marion Harvey, Julie Royle and Jennifer McBratney
General & Education Trust (GET) Awards
- Dame Barbara Clayton Award awarded to Dr Brian Power
- Rose Simmonds Award awarded to Kaylee Allen and Steven Taylor & Helen McWilliam
- Elizabeth Washington Awardawarded to Mary O'Kane
- Pat Judd Travel Bursary (not awarded in 2017)
Winners of the GET awards were announced after the AGM and Elsie Widdowson Lecture. Each winner was profiled during Dietitians Week. Find out more about each of the winners.
Dietetics Today profiled the awards dinner in the August edition with an interview with fellow number 93 Professor Kevin Whelan.