Represent your profession
We need your help to promote and profile your profession at a variety of public and industry events. Find out about the opportunities below
Each year, the BDA attend a number of industry relevant conferences and exhibitions in order to promote dietetics, members, membership to the Association, work undertaken by the BDA and our Specialist Groups.
Usually BDA Office staff represent but we love members to be involved and represent the profession!
We arrange your registration to the conference in return for half day on the stand. (Times are either morning or afternoon - time to be agreed in advance)
We are unable to cover travel and/or accommodation cost or any other related costs BUT there are benefits for you attending and being on the BDA Stand.
- Promote your profession
- Network with a range of profession and the public
- Specialist Groups promote their Membership and gain new Members or event attendees
- Branches to enthuse members to be more proactive within their branch.
You will only be required to be on the stand for half a day, you then have the rest of the day to be part of the event.
I would 100% recommend volunteering to any dietetic students. I think it helps build professional skills that you might not gain just at university, such as networking. I also discussed my volunteer role at job interviews when applying for my first job. I believe this conference really helped me decide that diabetes was the area I wanted to work in and now I do!
Toni Batchelor, BDA Student Member Volunteer at Diabetes UK
2018 shows we will be attending
- New Scientist Live - 20 September - 23 September at London ExCeL
- Royal College of Practitioners (RCGP) Annual Conference & Exhibition - 4 - 6 October at SEC Glasgow
- Food Matters Live - 20 - 22 November at London ExCeL
2018 shows we have attended so far
- Diabetes UK Professional Conference - 14 - 16 March at London ExCeL
- Northern Ireland Confederation - 17 - 18 April, Belfast
- Primary Care and Public Health - 16 - 17 May at NEC Birmingham
- BBC Good Food Show - 14 - 17 June at NEC Birmingham
- NHS Scotland - 18 - 19 June at SEC Glasgow
- Allergy + free from show - 6 July at London Olympia
Find out more about our reach and influence at external activities.
2017 shows we attended;
- Diabetes UK Professional Conference - 8 - 10 March at Manchester Central. Volunteers from Chester and Leeds University
- Health and Wellbeing at Work - 7 and 9 March at NEC Birmingham. Volunteers from Work Ready accredited dietitians and Coventry University
- Primary Care and Public Health - 17 - 18 May at NEC Birmingham
- BBC Good Food Show - 15 - 18 June at NEC Birmingham. Volunteers were from across the UK
- New Scientist Live - 28 September - 1 October at London ExCeL. Dietitians and student dietitians from across the UK.
- Royal College of Practitioners (RCGP) Annual Conference & Exhibition - 12 -13 October at ACC Liverpool.
- Food Matters Live - 21 - 23 November at London ExCeL
Find out more about the above and more we have attended this year.
If you are interested in attending and representing the BDA at external events please advise which show, what days you are available plus AM or PM email your details to email@example.com
We will aim to notify you by email at least 4 weeks prior to the activity.