Represent your profession
We need your help to promote and profile your profession at a variety of public and industry events.
In addition to receiving discounted attendance at BDA main events, BDA Live, BDA Vision and Research Symposium, members also have the chance to represent their profession at various external events.
Each year the BDA attend a number of industry relevant conferences and exhibitions in order to promote dietetics, our members, membership to the Association, Specialist Groups and Branches.
Usually BDA Office staff ‘man’ the stand during the show but we love members to be involved and represent the profession!
We arrange your registration to the conference in return for half day on the stand. (Times are either morning or afternoon - time to be agreed in advance)
We are unable to cover travel and/or accommodation cost or any other related costs BUT there are benefits for you attending and being on the BDA Stand.
- Promote your profession
- Network with a range of profession and the public
- Specialist Groups promote their Membership and gain new Members or event attendees
- Branches to enthuse Members to be more proactive within their branch.
You will only be required to be on the stand for half a day, you then have the rest of the day to be part of the event.
2018 show we will be attending;
We are making plans for 2018 and will be listing shows in January 2018!
2017 shows we attended;
- Diabetes UK Professional Conference - 8 - 10 March at Manchester Central. Volunteers from Chester and Leeds University
- Health and Wellbeing at Work - 7 and 9 March at NEC Birmingham. Volunteers from Work Ready accrediated dietitans and Coventry University
- Primary Care and Public Health - 17 - 18 May at NEC Birmingham
- BBC Good Food Show - 15 - 18 June at NEC Birmingham. Volunteers were from across the UK
- New Scientist Live - 28 September - 1 October at London ExCeL. Dietitians and student dietitians from across the UK.
- Royal College of Practitioners (RCGP) Annual Conference & Exhibition - 12 -13 October at ACC Liverpool.
- Food Matters Live - 21 - 23 November at London ExCeL at
Find out more about the above and more we have attended this year.
2016 shows we attended;
- Diabetes UK Professional Conference - 2 - 4 March 2016 at SECC Glasgow
- Health and Wellbeing at Work - 8 and 9 March 2016 at National Exhibition Centre Birmingham
- Primary Care and Public Health 2016 -18 and 19 May 2016 at National Exhibition Centre Birmingham.
- BBC Good Food Show - Eat Well - Friday 20, Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 May 2016 at London ExCeL
- New Scientist Live - Thursday 22, Friday 23, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 September 2016 at London ExCeL
- Food Matters Live - Tuesday 22nd, Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th November 2016 at London ExCeL
If you are interested in attending and representing the BDA at external events please complete the application form and return to email@example.com if there is no application form please email your details.
We will aim to notify you by email at least 4 weeks prior to the activity.