Thank you for making BDA Live 2016 great
This was the must-attend event for dietitians at all levels.
BDA Live returned on 16 and 17 March to London City to celebrate the past 80 years of the BDA and the profession whilst looking to the future through the informative and thought provoking programme over the two days.
The event included two days of inspiring talks and workshops addressing the issues within dietetics, clinical updates and access to specialist content in dietetics and across AHP’s. Sharing best practice and network with like-minded colleagues and the programme included a wide range of inspiring speakers.
BDA Live is next being held on Wednesday 16 & Thursday 17 March 2018 - Join us
What was said about Live ...
We have received some fantastic feedback both during and post event, here is what a few people thought...
BDA Live was very informative this year! Much needed learning on outcome measures and how to make them meaningful- Joanna Coyle, Nutrition Support Team Lead Dietitian
The highlight of the event for me was the inspiring people that I met during the day... By meeting so many inspirational people, all of whom seemed so happy in their roles, and who worked within such a wide variety of areas, I felt so happy and excited about the future, post-graduation. - Hayley Carter, BDA Student Member Volunteer
“The conference has been a real eye-opener for me, it’s been great” – BDA Member and BDA Live 2016 attendee
“The best conference I have attended for networking” - Sandra Hood, BDA Member and BDA Public Health Nutrition Specialist Group Committee Member
“It’s great to see so many new useful resources provided by the BDA – thank you!” BDA Member and BDA Live 2016 attendee
The plenary sessions addressed; the Future: Transforming Care; the Latest Insights into Safe Practice; and Malnutrition and Dehydration Matters throughout all stages of Life.
- Malnutrition and Dehydration: A priority throughout all stages of life with Suzanne Rastrick, Caroline Lecko, Dr Clare Shaw, Jaqueline Walker, Kirstine Farrar and Andy Jones.
- The Future: Tranforming care with Veronica Southern, Judyth Jenkins MBE, Julie Mears and Dr Eileen Gibney
- The latest insights into safe practice with Suzette Woodward, Jayne Lavin, Sue Perry, Diana Markham, Sarah Monk, Dr Umesh Prabhu and Charlotte Rudge.
Session were also be presented on;
- Capturing Measurable Outcomes in Nutrition Support hosted by the Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Specialist Group (PENG)
- Spring Showcase hosted by Sport & Exercise Nutrition register (SENr) Session
- An interconnected approach to challenge childhood obesity hosted by Public Health Specialist Group and Paediatric Specialist Group Session
- Innovations in Student Dietetic Training hosted by BDA Education Group
Cost to attend started from £75 per person per day.
The event also celebrated BDA's 80th Birthday, with a drinks reception including the presentation of the General and Education Trust (GET) Awards.
Presentations made included; the annual Dame Barbara Clayton, Rose Simmonds, Elizabeth Washington Awards alongside the special memorial awards for 2016 for Pamela Brereton and Pat Judd. Coverge of the winners is listed here.