These online, self directed modules, are open access so that you can complete at a time and place that is convenient to you.
This six-module course is aimed at anyone who wants to lead or support cooking activities in the community, schools, prisons or care settings.
Running cooking sessions is very rewarding and this course will help build the skills you need to run them smoothly and safely.
Dietitians, dietetic assistants, occupational therapy support workers, nutritionists, family workers, school volunteers, teachers, classroom assistants, learning support staff will all benefit.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Carefully plan and organise practical cooking sessions
- Know all the things you need consider before you start
- Identify the appropriate session for a variety of groups and individuals
- Know who you might involve and how to manage them
- Be able to choose a recipe and demonstration approach suited to your session aims
There are also links to other organisations and resources that you will find helpful, and templates for getting started
What topics does it cover?
This course covers, among other topics:
- Getting started
- Running a cooking session safely
- Equipment and store cupboard ingredients
- Choosing recipes for cooking sessions
- Demonstrating food preparation and cooking skills
- Group management
- BDA Member £80
- Non member £115
For organisations who wish to purchase this course for 100 or more, please complete the bulk order form here and return to email@example.com