Dietetic Education Forum
Dietetic education is dynamically evolving. Policy drivers from across the UK (including Government funding, apprenticeship schemes, integrated care etc) are influencing both the way we deliver training and CPD and the subject matter covered.
It is vital that the profession is proactive in its approach to education and ensures that members are equipped to succeed in the changing environment, reflecting service needs now and for the future.
This interactive event is your chance to find out about the key changes in all aspects of dietetic education and to influence the debate.
Be a part of the day on Thursday 7 December 2017, event held at thestudio in Birmingham.
This is the profession’s opportunity to bring together University staff and students with practice educators, dietetic managers and all those with an interest in shaping dietetic education and CPD of the future.
The day will include talks but also a number of group discussions and workshops.
- Challenges in Dietetics: what the 2025 project is telling us?
Discussion will focus around its impact on the Curriculum and CPD, presented by Sue Kellie, BDA Deputy Cheif Executive.
- Preceptorships and Apprenticeships
Discussion will focus around the development of a new dietetic apprenticeship standard, presented by Rosanna Hudson and trailblazer group.
Innovative placements (case studies)
Sharing innovative approaches in practice education and demonstrate how this could be delivered outside of traditional settings
- Masters Education
Masters level education and what training the profession may need in order to extend roles providing a UK wide picture for now and for the future presented by Anne Payne
- The 4 countries challenge - diverging models of financial support for student training
- Research / Evidence-Led training
- BDA Member £75.00
- Placement organiser £75.00*^
- Dietetic Student £60.00
- Non Member £100.00
- Discount available for education and HEI committee members £60.00^
- Delegates attending the BDA Research Symposium can attend for a discount £60.00^
* This option is only available to placement representative who are not applicable for BDA membership eligibility
^ Eligibility for the category will be checked and you will be notified of any changes to your registration fee based on eligibility
How to book