SENr Autumn Showcase - November 2015
The SENr Autumn Showcase event took place on Friday 13th November 2015 at BT Murrayfield Stadium Edinburgh Scotland.
The showcase was open to anyone with an occupational interest in sport nutrition including;
- those working in or aspiring to work in the sport and exercise nutrition field
- Sport Dietitians / Sport Nutritionists
- Students (either on a Sport Nutrition or relevant course or an interest in working in the field)
It was also an fantastic opportunity to hear research updates, information about practice and careers in SEN and a chance to meet your SENr Board.
There were presentations on the below topics;
- New Research from Stirling University into the use of Fish Oils in Sport and Health with Dr Stuart Galloway, David Lee Hamilton and Dr Oliver Witard.
- Nutrition strategies from the Rugby World Cup 2015 - England Rugby, Scottish Rugby and IRFU.
- Theory to practice: Performance Nutrition its role role and impact at Glasgow 2014, Irene Riach, Suzie Oliphant, Nikos Jakubiak from sportscotland Institute of Sport.
- Weight making and weight management (case studies from Glasgow 2014) with Mark Ellison.
- FAQ asked of Performance Nutritionists by Elite Athletes - Facilitated by Olivia Busby, Sport Wales.
- Breakout session on WADA Code, Ethics and Careers in Research.
The post match anaylsis is available on the SENr website with the presentation synposes
- SENr Members £75.00
- BDA Members £85.00
- Non Members £95.00
- There are special rate for Students £75.00.
Refreshments and Lunch are provided.
How to book
Booking was available online
SENr has it own dedicated website, updates, membership information and the SENr register are available www.senr.org.uk