SENr & SDUK Showcase
The SENr SDUK Showcase event took place on Friday 24th April 2015 at the GSK Human Performance Lab in Brentford.
The showcase was open to anyone with an occupational interest in sport nutrition including;
- those working in or aspiring to work in the sport and exercise nutrition field
- Sport Dietitians / Sport Nutritionists
- Students (either on a Sport Nutrition or relevant course or an interest in working in the field)
It is also an fantastic opportunity to hear research updates, information about practice and careers in SEN and a chance to meet your SENr Board.
There were presentations on the below topics;
- Current Science Vs Practice session included talks from with Dr James Morton, Liverpool John Moores University on Carbohydrate restriction: practical application in the real world and Daniel Owens, PhD Researcher in Skeletal Muscle Physiology from Liverpool John Moores University on Vitamin D Deficiency and Skeletal Muscle Health: A Cause for Concern?
- Dairy Council Awards presentations including the Student Award Winner Arthur Dunne on Does consuming unflavoured milk effectively attenuate muscle damage after strenuous exercise? and Professional Award Winner Dr Karen Reid on A Dietary Strategy to Increase Muscle Mass and Improve Recovery in an Elite Sprint Kayaker.
- FAQ asked of Performance Nutritionists by Elite Athletes - Facilitated by Richard Chessor, Scottish Rugby
- Career Pathway Session with Louise Sutton discussing the higher education options, Dr Kevin Cureell on career in Olympic Sport, Richard Chessor on the various routes into sports nutrition and Chris Cashin on working as a sports dietitian.
In addition to the presentations there will also be a tour of the Human Performance Lab.
- SENr or SDUK Member £50.00
- BDA Member £60.00
- Non BDA Member £70.00
- Student £50.00
Refreshments and Lunch are provided.
How to book
Booking was available online
SENr has it own dedicated website, updates, membership information and the SENr register are available www.senr.org.uk