SENr Spring Showcase 2016
The SENr Spring Showcase was held on 16 March 2016 as part of BDA Live.
This session was a collaboration between SENr and Sports Nutrition Specialist Group. The session focused on what those working in clinical practice can learn from performance nutritionists working in elite sport and vice versa. With scope to identify commonality (where practice aligns) and alternative approaches where it differs.
Suitable for anyone with an interest in sport and exercise nutrition, from student through to the advanced practitioner and the high performance nutritionist.
The day included the following presentations:
- The inaugural lecture of the Professor Clyde Williams OBE Award (2015-16) for sport and exercise nutrition education or research presented by Laurent Bannock, Director, Guru Performance LTD, SENr High Performance Registrant, Fellow of the International Society for Sports Nutrition on Toward An Epistemology of Practice in Performance Nutrition.
- Does protein milk offer sport enthusiasts an ‘all-round’ solution to their training nutritional needs? by Neasa Easaforde, Dairy Council student award winner, BSc Human Nutrition, MSc Dietetics Student, Ulster University.
- Whey protein consumption after resistance exercise reduces subsequent energy intake by Alistair Monteyne, Dairy Council student award winner, MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition, Loughborough University, School of Sport, Exercise & Health Sciences.
- Nutrition with Para Swimming by Stef Shreeve, Performance Nutritionist at English Institute of Sport.
- Unleash the power of food-performance nutrition at the English Institute of Sport with Dr Kevin Currell, Head of Performance Nutrition, English Institute of Sport.
- Can the clinical and sport world collide in dietetics? With Sharon Madigan, Sports Dietitian / Respiratory Dietitian, BDA Sport Nutrition Group.
We are looking forward to the next SENr event in November 2016.