Hosted jointly by SENR and BDA Sports Nutrition Specialist Group, the showcase series has gained a fantastic reputation, focusing on sport and exercise nutrition hot topics.
The 2020 showcase will be held on Friday 15 May 2020 at Leeds Beckett University. Save the date - Bookings open in January 2020.
Sponsorship opportunities are available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Held on 17 May 2019 at Liverpool John Moores University, the audience took part in talks on hydration, RED-S and more alongside the bite-sized nutrition session and tours.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support. Bam Organic, Informed Sport, NSF International and host venue Liverpool John Moores University.
The bite-sized nutrition sessions were again a highlight of day and this year we were delighted to offer this opportunity to a number of experienced and new faces in the field, the rules are each presenter is allowed 5 minutes to engage the audience on their chosen topic with 20 slides, automatically moving every 15 seconds.. This year the talks delivered were Have WADA Thrown Us Under the Bus When it Comes to Cannabis Oil? with Professor Graeme Close, Liverpool John Moores University; We are Guinness World Record Breaking Sports Nutritionists! with Phil Woodbridge Buckinghamshire New University and TASS Sports and Jahna Drunis, St Marys University; Are Women Just Small Men? with Dr Kirsty Elliott-Sale, Nottingham Trent University; Managing Catering Expectations in Performance Sport with Eoghan Hickey, Performance Nutritionist, Sport Wales; Energy Balance of an International Goalkeeper Across the Congested Fixture Period in the English Championship: A Case Study with Andrew Jenkinson, Leeds United Football Club; Maximising Impact in Sports Nutrition: Networking Hard or Hardly Networking? with Liam Oliver, MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition, Leeds Beckett University; Nutrition Support For a Para-powerlifter with Debbie Smith, Leeds Beckett University; ‘Magic Beans’ or Progress Bars? with Hilary Wickett, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Dr Ben Desbrow, Associate Professor in Clinical and Sports Nutrition, Program Director Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics (Hon), Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia on the influence of recovery stations on acute fluid and nutrient intake in recreational runners;
- Dr James Morton, Liverpool John Moores University and Dr Kirsty Elliott-Sale, Associate Professor of Female Physiology, Nottingham Trent University presented a joint session on Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S) the male and female perspective
- Dr Dan Martin, Post Doctoral Researcher, Liverpool John Moores University & Performance Nutritionist, Professional Jockeys Association on Development & Implementation of an Industry-Specific Nutrition Education & Behaviour Change Platform
- Nessan Costello, Performance Nutritionist, PhD Student & Lecturer, Leeds United Football Club, Leeds Rhinos Rugby Football League Club & Leeds Beckett University on Snap-N-Send: Do We Really Know What Athletes Are Eating?
- Dr Julia Bone, Performance Nutritionist, Sport Northern Ireland Sports Institute on DXA Gold Standard or Gold Plated? Standardisation & measurement errors in body composition assessment; Marcus Hannon, PhD candidate - Liverpool John Moores University, Performance Nutritionist - Everton FC (Academy) & Northampton Saints RFC on Every Feed Counts: The Energy Requirements of Elite Youth Footballers
- Dr Terri Paulson, Performance Nutrition Paralympic Lead, Performance Nutritionist GB Canoeing & England Netball (EIS) on Nutrition for the Paralympic Athlete: Does it differ?