Dietitians Week 2015
The second Dietitians Week took place from 8-12 June 2015 as part of the wider BDA campaign, Trust a Dietitian.
BDA members were encouraged to promote the impact and value of the profession throughout the week, for example by arranging local awareness raising events in clinics, hospitals and private practices. We also held national political events throughout the four countries inviting key stakeholders and influencers to attend.
In 2015, four parliamentary receptions were held across all four nations:
- The House of Lords at Westminster, sponsored by Lord Richard Balfe.
- Stormont in Northern Ireland, sponsored by Simon Hamilton MLA (DUP).
- The Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, sponsored by Jamie McGrigor MSP (Con), and
- The Welsh Assembly in Cardiff, sponsored by Vaughan Gething AM (Lab).
- 300 member events were held throughout the UK, and international support was also received from South Africa, Australia and America.
- We received 300 requests for merchandise packs.
- We partnered with RDUK for three online Twitter chats.
- The Dietitians Week Thunderclap invited members to sign up to send an automated simultaneous tweet. We obtained 498 supporters from a target of 250.
- We also set up many resources inluding a press release template, poists, case studies, bunting and toolkits.