What did we do during Dietitians Week 2017?
- Our fourth Dietitians Week ran from June 12-16 2017.
- Our theme was Evidence and Expertise, highlighting the importance of an evidence-based approach to nutrition whilst showing that dietitians are the best placed interpreters of nutrition evidence.
- The fantastic people at RDUK organised a special RDUK Twitter Chat on the subject of "Nutrition Truths vs Fads" on 12 June 2016 at 8-9pm. You can catch up with what was discussed via Storify.
- As part of our media activity for the week, we worked with Populus to ask the public who they trusted for nutrition advice and whether they had tried a fad diet in the past. Read the full polling tables here.
- Eat Fact Not Fiction – our exciting public event, took place in Leeds on Monday 12 June, featuring some great speakers discussing evidence-based nutrition. Find out more about Eat Fact Not Fiction on the event webpage, and watch all the talks on our Youtube page.
- We sent out over 600 dietitians week packs in advance of the week. You can still download the posters here.
What were the outcomes?
The BDA Council commended this year's Dietitians Week as the most successful yet, and were given an overview of the reach and impact of the BDA's week long awareness-raising campaign:
- Overall member feedback had been extremely positive with the “Evidence and Expertise” theme very well received. Key feedback included: "Excellent to raise profile of the profession", "Perfect just what we needed as dietitians", "Great and very fitting with the stories in the media to dispel the myths".
- Overall social media impact was up significantly on 2016 with 5027 uses of the #DietitiansWeek hashtag across all platforms (compared with just 764 in 2016).
- On Facebook there were 899,000 impressions over the week, with 14,260 engagements (comments,likes and shares), 1,550 link clicks, and 1284 additional page likes (compared to just 46 in 2016).
- On Twitter we had 203,000 impressions across the week, with 6,042 separate engagements (comments, likes and retweets).
- We also did much more with video this year videos from, including videos from Eat Fact Not Fiction viewed over 2,000 times on Youtube and Facebook and and
What about Dietitians Week 2018?
Plans will soon be underway for our fifth Dietitians Week, which will take place between June 4-8 2018. We have taken account of all the feedback received from Dietitians Week 2017 and will be making some improvements and changes to ensure 2018 is bigger and better than ever before.
We will update members in due course and you can come back to these webpages for more info!