The BDA respond to a wide range of consultations and inquiries from external organisations across the UK to ensure that our views are heard, and to seek further involvement and opportunities to be involved on issues of particular importance to the dietetic profession.
Consultations may be written by our head office team, by specialist groups or boards or by an individual member with a particular area of expertise.
- 21/05/2019 to 12/08/2019 - DHSC: Updating the government buying standards for food and cartering services (GBSF)
- 13/06/2019 to 09/09/2019 - DHSC: Adding folic acid to flour
- 08/07/2019 to 12/08/2019 - Scottish Government: National falls and fracture prevention strategy 2019-2024 draft: consultation
Recent Consultation Responses
Listed below are the consultaitons to which the BDA has responsed in the past 12 months. Click the links to read our submissions where available.
- 02/07/2018 - Home Affairs Select Committee Consultation on Post-Brexit Migration Policy (Inquiry Page)
- 03/07/2018 - SACN: Saturated Fats and Health (Consultation Page)
- 01/08/2018 - Welsh Government: Student Support Arrangement, Health Related Education and Training Programmes in Wales. (Consultation Page)
- 01/08/2018 - Scottish Parliament: Health and Care Staffing Scotland Bill (BDA Scotland Board response to consultation)
- 25/08/2018 - Scottish Government: Nutritional Requirements for food and drinks in schools (Scotland) Regulations 2008 amendments (BDA Scotland Board response to consultation)
- 17/09/2018 - Welsh Government: Food and Nutrition in Childcare Settings - Response by Welsh Dietetic Leadership Advisory Group, endorsed by the BDA (Consultation documents)
- 30/09/2018 - NHS England: Developing the long term plan for the NHS (Consultation documents)
- 01/10/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Gluten Free Food on Precription in England (Consultation Document)
- 16/10/2018 - The UK National Screening Committee recommendation on Obesity screening in children under-5 (Consultation pages)
- 16/10/2018 - The UK National Screening Committee recommendation on Obesity screening in children aged 7-11 (Consultation pages)
- 20/11/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Ending the sale of energy drinks to children (Consultation Pages)
- 29/11/2018 - NHS Healthcare Improvement Scotland consultation on draft general standards for neurological care and support (BDA Scotland Board response)
- 07/12/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Calorie labelling for food and drink served outside of the home (Consultation Page)
- 13/12/2018 - HCPC: Consultation on HCPC registration fees (Consultation document)
- 14/12/2018 - The Nutrition (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regualtions 2018: A Public Consultation (Consultation pages)
- 21/12/2018 - Commons Environmental Audit Committee - Planetary Health Inquiry (Inquiry Page)
- 03/01/2019 - Scottish Government - National Health and Social Care Integrated Workforce Draft Plan (BDA Scotland Board completed feedback form)
- 09/01/2019 - Scottish Government: Reducing Health Harms of Foods High in Fat, Sugar or Salt (Consultation pages)
- 05/02/2019 - SACN: Review of the evidence on the role of nutrition in older adults and its impact on healthy ageing (Consultation page)
- 22/02/2019 - PHE: Public Health Outcomes Framework: proposed changes 2019 to 2020 Document not available (Consultation pages)
- 28/02/2019 - Food Standards Scotland - Consultation on proposals to improve the Out of Home food environment in Scotland (BDA Scotland Board response)
- 20/03/2019 - Scottish Government Consultation on Good Food Nation Proposals for Legislation (BDA Scotland Board response)
- 22/03/2019 - Welsh Government: Draft additional learning needs code (Consultation page)
- 29/03/2019 - DEFRA: Food labelling: Changing food allergen information laws (Consultation page)
- 06/04/2019 - DHSC: Restricting promotions of food and drink that is high in fat, sugar and salt (Consultation page)
- 12/04/2019 - Welsh Government: Healthy Weight: Healthy Wales (Consultation Pages)
- 25/04/2019 - NHS England: Implementing the NHS Long Term Plan - Proposals for possible changes to legislation (Consultation Pages)
- 16/05/2019 - Tom Watson MP: Consultation on halting the rise in Type 2 Diabetes in five years (Consultation pages)
- 24/05/2019 - RCSLT - Draft Interprofessional Dysphagia Framework
- 10/06/2019 - DHSC: Further advertising restrictions for products high in fat, salt and sugar (Consultation pages)
- 08/07/2019 - Scottish Government: A consultation on a new National Public Health body: 'Public Health Scotland' (Consultation pages)
- 15/07/2019 - PrescQIPP: Bariatric Surgery
For older responses, take a look at our Consultation Archive.
If you have any questions about a BDA consultation response, please contact Tom Embury, BDA Public Affairs Officer, who will be able to put you in touch with the appropriate person.