The BDA respond to a wide range of consultations and inquiries from external organisations across the UK to ensure that our views are heard, and to seek further involvement and opportunities to be involved on issues of particular importance to the dietetic profession.
Consultations may be written by our head office team, by specialist groups or boards or by an individual member with a particular area of expertise.
- 22/11/2018 to 28/02/2019 - Scottish Government: Proposals to Improve the Out of Home Environment in Scotland
- 10/12/2018 to 22/03/2019 - Welsh Government: Draft additional learning needs code
- 12/01/2019 to 06/04/2019 - DHSC: Restricting promotions of food and drink that is high in fat, sugar and salt
- 17/01/2019 to 12/04/2019 - Welsh Government: Healthy Weight: Healthy Wales
Recent Consultation Responses
Listed below are the consultaitons to which the BDA has responsed in the past 12 months. Click the links to read our submissions where available.
- 15/02/2018 - APPG on Ageing and Older People People inquiry into Human Rights and Older People (Consultation page)
- 14/03/2018 - Conditions for which over the counter items should not routinely be prescribed in primary care: A consultation on guidance for CCGs
- 23/03/2018 - Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future: A draft health and care workforce strategy for England to 2027 (Consultation webpage)
- 29/03/2018 - APPG on Obesity inquiry into the definition and solutions to obesity (inquiry webpage)
- 06/04/2018 - Commons Science and Technology Committee - Energy Drinks Inquiry (inquiry webpage) - Follow up response submitted 04/07/2018
- 09/04/2018 - Commons Health and Social Care Committee - Childhood Obesity (inquiry webpage)
- 17/04/2018 - Scottish Labour - NHS and Social Care Workforce Commission (inquiry page)
- 15/05/2018 - Report WHO Independent High-Level Commission on Communicable Diseases - BDA Obesity Specialist Group (Final Report)
- 16/05/2018 - BCAP Call for Evidence on TV advertising to children (Call for Evidence page)
- 30/05/2018 - Northern Ireland Service Framework for Mental Health and Wellbeing 2018-2021 (BDA NI Board response to consultation)
- 14/06/2018 - PHE Consultation on the UK Nutrient Profiling Model 2018 review (Consultation page)
- 28/06/2018 - Scottish Government: Welfare Foods - a consultation on meeting the needs of children and families in Scotland (Consultation page)
- 02/07/2018 - Home Affairs Select Committee Consultation on Post-Brexit Migration Policy (Inquiry Page)
- 03/07/2018 - SACN: Saturated Fats and Health (Consultation Page)
- 01/08/2018 - Welsh Government: Student Support Arrangement, Health Related Education and Training Programmes in Wales. (Consultation Page)
- 01/08/2018 - Scottish Parliament: Health and Care Staffing Scotland Bill (BDA Scotland Board response to consultation)
- 25/08/2018 - Scottish Government: Nutritional Requirements for food and drinks in schools (Scotland) Regulations 2008 amendments (BDA Scotland Board response to consultation)
- 17/09/2018 - Welsh Government: Food and Nutrition in Childcare Settings - Response by Welsh Dietetic Leadership Advisory Group, endorsed by the BDA (Consultation documents)
- 30/09/2018 - NHS England: Developing the long term plan for the NHS (Consultation documents)
- 01/10/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Gluten Free Food on Precription in England (Consultation Document)
- 16/10/2018 - The UK National Screening Committee recommendation on Obesity screening in children under-5 (Consultation pages)
- 16/10/2018 - The UK National Screening Committee recommendation on Obesity screening in children aged 7-11 (Consultation pages)
- 20/11/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Ending the sale of energy drinks to children (Consultation Pages)
- 29/11/2018 - NHS Healthcare Improvement Scotland consultation on draft general standards for neurological care and support (BDA Scotland Board response)
- 07/12/2018 - Department of Health and Social Care: Calorie labelling for food and drink served outside of the home (Consultation Page)
- 13/12/2018 - HCPC: Consultation on HCPC registration fees (Consultation document)
- 14/12/2018 - The Nutrition (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regualtions 2018: A Public Consultation (Consultation pages)
- 21/12/2018 - Commons Environmental Audit Committee - Planetary Health Inquiry (Inquiry Page)
- 03/01/2019 - Scottish Government - National Health and Social Care Integrated Workforce Draft Plan (BDA Scotland Board completed feedback form)
- 09/01/2019 - Scottish Government: Reducing Health Harms of Foods High in Fat, Sugar or Salt (Consultation pages)
For older responses, take a look at our Consultation Archive.
If you have any questions about a BDA consultation response, please contact Tom Embury, BDA Public Affairs Officer, who will be able to put you in touch with the appropriate person.