The BDA respond to a wide range of consultations and inquiries from external organisations across the UK to ensure that our views are heard, and to seek further involvement and opportunities to be involved on issues of particular importance to the dietetic profession.
Consultations may be written by our head office team, by specialist groups or boards or by an individual member with a particular area of expertise.
These are consultations that the BDA will be responding to which are currently open. We will publish our responses once they are submitted.
- Closes 22/06/2017 - Department of Health - Availability of gluten-free foods on NHS prescription
Recent Consultation Responses
These consultation responses have been submitted within the past 12 months. Click the links to read our submissions.
- 30/06/2016 - Department of Health - Reforming Healthcare Education Funding
- 12/07/2016 - DBIS and Department for Education - Teaching Excellence Framework: Year 2
- 22/07/2016 - CAP - Restricting advertising of unhealthy food and drink
- 13/09/2016 - NICE Healthy workplaces QS - Improving employee mental and physical health and wellbeing
- 23/09/2016 - House of Lords Committee on the Long-Term Sustainability of the NHS (Inquiry page)
- 12/09/2016 - HM Treasury - Soft Drinks Industry Levy (Consultation document)
- 18/01/2017 - NHS England - Action to reduce sales of sugar-sweetened drinks on NHS premises (Consultation Document)
- 17/02/2017 - DWP & DoH - Work, health and disability: improving lives (Consultation document)
- 03/03/2017 - Senedd Children, Young People and Education Committee - Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill (consultation documents)
- 12/04/2017 - Joint submission to Senedd Children, Young People and Education Committee regarding Welsh Government revised healthcare guidance. (follow up to the above)
If you have any questions about a BDA consultation response, please contact Tom Embury, BDA Public Affairs Officer, who will be able to put you in touch with the appropriate person.