The BDA respond to a wide range of consultations and inquiries from external organisations across the UK to ensure that our views are heard, and to seek further involvement and opportunities to be involved on issues of particular importance to the dietetic profession.
Consultations may be written by our head office team, by specialist groups or boards or by an individual member with a particular area of expertise.
- 10/05/2018 to 01/08/2018 - Welsh Government: Student Support Arrangement, Health Related Education and Training Programmes in Wales.
- 04/06/2018 to 29/08/2018 - Scottish Government: Consultation on amendments to the ‘Nutritional Requirements for Food and Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2008'
Recent Consultation Responses
These consultation responses have been submitted within the past 12 months. Click the links to read our submissions.
- 08/09/2017 - Reshaping Stroke Services Northern Ireland Health and Social Care Board
- 13/09/2017 - SACN - Feeding in the first year of life (Consultation document)
- 20/10/2017 - APPG on Hunger inquiry into the extent and causes of hunger amongst older people in Britain (consultation page)
- 18/12/2017 - EFSA - Re–evaluation of phosphates authorised as food additives in the European Union. Supporting statement from PRING.
- 20/12/2017 - The regulation of medical associate professions in the UK (Consultation page)
- 22/12/2017 - Joint AHPF Treasury Committee Inquiry on Student Loans (Consultation page)
- 03/01/2018 - Promoting Professionalism, Reforming Regulation (Consultation page) (Read the AHPF's joint response here)
- 11/01/2018 - Eligibility for free school meals and the early years pupil premium under Universal Credit (Consultation document)
- 31/01/2018 - A healthier future - action and ambitions on diet, activity and healthy weight (Consultation document)
- 31/01/2018 - Senedd Finance Committee - Cost of Caring for an Ageing Population inquiry (Consultation pages)
- 15/02/2018 - APPG on Ageing and Older People People inquiry into Human Rights and Older People (Consultation page)
- 14/03/2018 - Conditions for which over the counter items should not routinely be prescribed in primary care: A consultation on guidance for CCGs
- 23/03/2018 - Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future: A draft health and care workforce strategy for England to 2027 (Consultation webpage)
- 29/03/2018 - APPG on Obesity inquiry into the definition and solutions to obesity (inquiry webpage)
- 06/04/2018 - Commons Science and Technology Committee - Energy Drinks Inquiry (inquiry webpage) - Follow up response submitted 04/07/2018
- 09/04/2018 - Commons Health and Social Care Committee - Childhood Obesity (inquiry webpage)
- 17/04/2018 - Scottish Labour - NHS and Social Care Workforce Commission (inquiry page)
- 15/05/2018 - Report WHO Independent High-Level Commission on Communicable Diseases - BDA Obesity Specialist Group (Final Report)
- 16/05/2018 - BCAP Call for Evidence on TV advertising to children (Call for Evidence page)
- 30/05/2018 - Northern Ireland Service Framework for Mental Health and Wellbeing 2018-2021 (BDA NI Board response to consultation)
- 14/06/2018 - PHE Consultation on the UK Nutrient Profiling Model 2018 review (Consultation page)
- 28/06/2018 - Scottish Government: Welfare Foods - a consultation on meeting the needs of children and families in Scotland (Consultation page)
- 02/07/2018 - Home Affairs Select Committee Consultation on Post-Brexit Migration Policy (Inquiry Page)
- 03/07/2018 - SACN: Saturated Fats and Health (Consultation Page)
For older responses, take a look at our Consultation Archive.
If you have any questions about a BDA consultation response, please contact Tom Embury, BDA Public Affairs Officer, who will be able to put you in touch with the appropriate person.