The BDA respond to a wide range of consultations and inquiries from external organisations across the UK to ensure that our views are heard, and to seek further involvement and opportunities to be involved on issues of particular importance to the dietetic profession.
Consultations may be written by our head office team, by specialist groups or boards or by an individual member with a particular area of expertise.
- 13/12/2017 to 23/03/2018 - Facing the Facts, Shaping the Future: A draft health and care workforce strategy for England to 2027.
Recent Consultation Responses
These consultation responses have been submitted within the past 12 months. Click the links to read our submissions.
- 03/03/2017 - Senedd Children, Young People and Education Committee - Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill (consultation documents)
- 12/04/2017 - Joint submission to Senedd Children, Young People and Education Committee regarding Welsh Government revised healthcare guidance. (follow up to the above)
- 15/06/2017 - Welsh Government - Joint response on Options for Implementing the ALN Bill
- 16/06/2017 - Allied Health Professionals Operational Measures Dataset (contains both consultation paper and response)
- 22/06/2017 - Department of Health - Availability of gluten-free foods on NHS prescription (Consultation document)
- 08/09/2017 - Reshaping Stroke Services Northern Ireland Health and Social Care Board
- 13/09/2017 - SACN - Feeding in the first year of life (Consultation document)
- 20/10/2017 - APPG on Hunger inquiry into the extent and causes of hunger amongst older people in Britain (consultation page)
- 18/12/2017 - EFSA - Re–evaluation of phosphates authorised as food additives in the European Union. Supporting statement from PRING.
- 20/12/2017 - The regulation of medical associate professions in the UK (Consultation page)
- 22/12/2017 - Joint AHPF Treasury Committee Inquiry on Student Loans (Consultation page)
- 03/01/2018 - Promoting Professionalism, Reforming Regulation (Consultation page) (Read the AHPF's joint response here)
- 11/01/2018 - Eligibility for free school meals and the early years pupil premium under Universal Credit (Consultation document)
- 31/01/2018 - A healthier future - action and ambitions on diet, activity and healthy weight (Consultation document)
- 31/01/2018 - Senedd Finance Committee - Cost of Caring for an Ageing Population inquiry (Consultation pages)
- 15/02/2018 - APPG on Ageing and Older People People inquiry into Human Rights and Older People (Consultation page)
- 14/03/2018 - Conditions for which over the counter items should not routinely be prescribed in primary care: A consultation on guidance for CCGs
For older responses, take a look at our Consultation Archive.
If you have any questions about a BDA consultation response, please contact Tom Embury, BDA Public Affairs Officer, who will be able to put you in touch with the appropriate person.