Professional Indemnity Insurance
For all BDA Full, Student and Associate Members and SENr registrants, professional indemnity insurance is provided as part of BDA membership for:
- up to £3,000,000 in any one claim and
- up to £5,000,000 in aggregate for the membership year.
Why dietitians need P.I Insurance
The UK government has introduced legislation which will require registrants to have a professional indemnity arrangement in place as a condition of their registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
BDA members are protected from the dangers of action being instigated by the employer against the practitioner as membership includes professional indemnity insurance alongside robust industrial relations support through the Trade Union. This ensures completely independent and personalised support and cover.
BDA Member access
BDA members, log in to your Professional Indemnity Insurance locked page:
- find out why dietitians need professional indemnity insurance,
- read more about Public Liability Insurance,
- access your insurance documentation,
- receive written proof of your professional indemnity insurance