Help us grow the dietetic community
83% of HCPC registered dietitians and many dietetic support staff are already a member of the BDA, their professional body and trade union. Most believe that all of the dietetic workforce should be a member of the BDA.
Member Get Member Campaign 2019
During April, May and June 2019 we're bringing back our popular member get member campaign. For each new member you (an existng member) recommend, we’ll give you a £10 amazon voucher to say thanks. And, there’s no limit on the number you can claim! (See FAQ's below.)
Are your dietetic colleagues or friends members of the BDA? If not, please spread the word within your workplaces and networks by recommending the BDA membership community to them. Simply signpost them here.
We know that our member advocates, like you, are the best possible source of information to potential new members about the many benefits, and the great community, the BDA has to offer. That's why we rely on you to help grow our community.
The more members we have, the stronger our collective voice can be at a local and national level. This means we can be stronger when we negotiate with your employer, when we promote the impact and value of the profession, and we can do even more to lobby and influence government, the media and the general public. All this, ultimately, drives the demand for dietetics.
Helping you spread the word
As part of our three month campaign, here are a few useful resources to help you spread the word in your dietetic departments:
- Signpost potential new members to this page to join us: www.bda.uk.com/membergetmember.
- Recommend BDA membership via this postcard/poster. Download, print and add your name to this PDF before handing out to colleagues as a postcard, or putting onto your department noticeboard as a poster.
- Print these A5 flyers and hand out to dietitians and support staff.
- Highlight the benefits of membership - Worth £1,600 a year but costing just £25 a month (for full members) or £9-13 (for associate members), why not put this PDF up onto your department's noticeboard.
A great discussion point could be the Top 5 benefits of BDA membership, as voted for by members in 2018:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - £10million aggregate cover as part of your BDA membership.
- Trade Union cover and support from local Reps, national officers and BDA Legal.
- Access to PEN - worth over £390/year.
- Dietetics Today - monthly editions of the official members magazine delivered straight to your door.
- Website tools and resources like BDA Food Fact Sheets, Influencing Action Pack and Clinical Practice Toolkits.
When is the member get member campaign running?
New member referrals will be accepted from 1 April – 30 June 2019
Who can recommend who?
All BDA members can recommend/refer a new applicant to join us in any BDA membership category (except for student membership).
How do I receive a £10 Amazon voucher?
It's easy - for each new applicant you recommend, after they've joined us online, they simply need to email us at email@example.com stating your full name (and BDA membership number if you know it to make things easier for us) as the existing member who referred them. When they join, we will then send you a £10 voucher in the post to the 'preferred address' you have listed in your MY BDA profile as a thank you, and they will receive one too as a new member incentive. Simply signpost them here for all the information.
Are there any limits on the number of Amazon vouchers I can claim?
No, so long as you refer within the campaign dates, there's no limit!
I am a BDA volunteer (e.g. trade union rep / group or branch committee member / media spokesperson) can I still recommend membership as part of this campaign?
Yes of course, you are our advocates already, so are best placed to tell your networks all about how you benefit as a BDA member and volunteer!