Nominations now open for Chief Allied Health Professions Officer Awards02 May 2017
The 2017 Chief Allied Health Professions Officer Awards (CAHPO) are now open for nominations, and will recognise innovative or transformational work by AHPs. This is a great opportunity for British Dietetic Association members to recognise the efforts of one of their colleagues or to highlight their own work.
Anyone can make a nomination, including service users, colleagues, directors in commissioning and provider organisations, managers and team leaders, professional bodies or education providers. You can even nominate yourself.
There are five category awards up for grabs:
- CAHPO Student of the year 2017
- CAHPO Associate of the year 2017
- CAHPO Digital Innovator 2017
- CAHPO Practice Innovator 2017
- CAHPO Workforce Transformation Leader 2017
There will also be an award to the overall winner, AHP of the Year 2017, chosen from the winners of the five awards. You have until noon on Friday 26 May 2017 to submit your nominations. The winners will be announced at the CAHPO conference to be held at the Business Design Centre, Islington on 21 June 2017.
The awards have been developed with partner organisations including the Allied Health Professions Federation, Health Education England, NHS Digital, NHS Employers, NHS Improvement and Public Health England. The criteria reflect the impact that Allied Health Professions can have on the challenges facing health and care services and articulated in Allied Health Professions into Action. They are:
- Improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and populations.
- Support and provide solutions to general practice and urgent and emergency services to address demand.
- Support integration, addressing historical service boundaries to reduce duplication and fragmentation.
- Deliver evidence based/informed practice to address unexplained variances in service quality and efficiency.
Full details of the criteria for each award and a nomination form can be found online.
Finalists for each award will be invited to the CAHPO Conference in June and winners will have the opportunity to participate in coaching/shadowing/mentorship provided by one of the partner organisations.