This one-day course is aimed at dietetic support workers working in both acute and community settings. It will be suitable for those relatively new in post and as a useful update for those with some previous knowledge and experience. The day will cover the importance of good communication including communication and listening skills. It will provide an introduction to motivating behaviour change and an opportunity to improve skills and competencies in specific areas such as one to one patient consultations.
The aim of this one-day course is to facilitate participants to :
- Enhance their understanding of the importance of good communication skills in the workplace
- Enhance their communication skills to motivate health related behaviour change
- Practice some skills relevant to the role of a dietetic support worker
By the end of the one day course you will be able to:
- At the end of the course participants should be able to
- Describe why good communication skills are so important in the workplace
- Recognise the impact of poor communication and/or listening skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of both attending behaviour and active listening skills
- Explain what health related behaviour change is, and list 4 factors that can influence it
- Demonstrate skills that can enhance patient motivation for behaviour change in the context of one-to-one patient consultations
- Reflect on own skills and identify any areas for further skill development
Register your interest
There are currently no confirmed dates for this course, but if you would like to receive a notification when a date is available please fill in the form below and we will be in touch.