This one-day course is aimed at dietetic support workers working in both acute and community settings. It will be suitable for those relatively new in post and as a useful update for those with some previous knowledge and experience. The day will cover the importance of best practice for dietetic support workers and the principles of patient centred care as well as challenging dietetic support workers to consider their own professionalism and putting values and ethics into practice in the workplace.
The aim is to increase the dietetic support worker’s knowledge and understanding of their role and responsibilities and the principles of patient centred care and to understand how professionalism and ethics apply within the workplace.
By the end of this one day course the dietetic support worker will:
- Be able to demonstrate a greater understanding of their roles and responsibilities including boundaries and scope of practice
- Be aware of recent reports and current guidance and policy documents on professional practice
- Understand how professional ethics apply within the workplace
- Understand the principles of patient centred care and the core skills required
- Be aware of the values of the NHS, patient centred goals and outcome based care
Register your Interest
There are currently no confirmed dates for this course, but if you would like to receive a notification email when a date is available please fill in the form below and we will be in touch.