Call to Action for Dietitians in Wales
The BDA Wales Board have identified four key areas for the Welsh Government in their “Call to Action”.
Bwrdd Cymru BDA has created a 'Call to Action for Dietitians' which builds on the "Manifesto for Dietitians" that was used in the run-up to the Senedd elections in May 2016. The Call to Action sets out four key areas where the dietitians believe the Welsh Government needs to act to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Wales. The four areas are:
- Ensure that people in Wales can consume a healthy and sustainable diet no matter what their background and circumstances.
- Recognise that good nutrition from an early age is essential for prevention of obesity, diabetes and other chronic conditions.
- Ensure that everyone living with chronic conditions has access to dietetic support so that they can manage their condition and be independent as long as possible.
- Recognise dietitians as key leaders and professionals in supporting public bodies to meet the seven goals outlined in the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015.
What we need our members to do to help
We want our members in Wales to help raise these issues with their healthcare colleagues, patients and local representatives when they have the opportunity.
What the BDA will be doing
We will be pushing the Welsh government on all four of these points over the course of the Fifth Assembly. We have already sent this Call to Action to all 60 Assembly Members in Wales and have held a meeting at the Senedd to discuss these and other issues.
The BDA will keep these pages updated with details of progress and further briefings as they become available.
- Download the Call to Action in English
- Download the Call to Action in Welsh (Cymraeg)
- Read more information on how dietitians in Wales are promoting this call to action on the Bwrdd Cymru webpage.
This applies in: