BDA Dietitian App
The BDA has launched a new smartphone application (May 2016) BDA Dietitian, powered by Oviva, aiming to support more patients to access dietitians through secure online client consultations and communication. BDA members can now access a BDA branded version of a Coaching Suite for use with clients that will contain a host of useful information already built into the document library.
Technology is becoming increasingly important across all aspects of healthcare services, from patients using video-calling software to speak to their care providers, to electronic health records and risk screening tools in Intensive Care. In the Instagram age where photographing your meals is becoming the norm, this new tool to record a patient’s photo food diary has a high level of acceptability – especially within groups who traditionally do not access dietetic care.
Key features and benefits
- Web-based Coaching suite for dietitians to use with clients: The technology allows the dietitian to attend to their patients more closely when appropriate, on their own schedule and remotely from their own home.
- Secure communication channel. Oviva’s technology meets all Information Governance requirements set out by the NHS and allows you to reduce your paper trail. The Coaching suite allows you to hold an electronic record of your clinical notes in a secure cloud-based server in addition to using the app based channel to communicate with your patients
- Free 1 month trial available for all BDA members
How does it help dietitians?
The Coaching Suite includes a secure electronic health record for the dietitian to review patient inputs, and a smartphone app tool for the patient. The system allows the patient to capture data more accurately:
Patients benefit from monitoring their intake and activity and from more frequent interaction with, or enhanced access to their dietitian. This typically translates to better outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Photo food diary
- Activity (which can be input manually or automatically by syncing the app with fitness trackers such as Fitbit and Apple Health)
- Anthropometry including weight and waist circumference
- Symptom data using automatic surveys
Dietitians can support their patients between face-to-face sessions through a secure text-message channel and video calls. Being able to communicate this way effectively increases access and quality of care, and stimulates self-management.
How does it help patients?
- Patients benefit from monitoring their intake and activity and from more frequent interaction with, or enhanced access to their dietitian. This typically translates to better outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Oviva’s initial outcome data for weight management patients shows a doubling of weight lost per unit of dietitian time compared to standard face to face care (5.7% vs. 2.9% bodyweight loss at 3 months in 83 patients with diabetes, cardiovascular disease & obesity referred for weight loss). More data will be available and published as it is available.
Dietitian Lucy Jones has been using the app for two years with patients and says:
"Throughout my career, I have seen the potential of significant dietary change to improve health and quality of life. Unfortunately, the frequency and intensity of support needed for most people to achieve this level of change is not achievable with traditional approaches to care, such as intermittent face to face appointments. This is where technology can help. The BDA Dietitian App and Coaching Suite helps me to achieve fantastic outcomes for my clients in an accessible and convenient format for them whilst achieving a level of individual care and personalisation not achievable with groups. My clients find the app easy to use and truly appreciate the level of support they can get throughout their journey”.
£40 per month +VAT (or £400 per year +VAT - 2 months free)
- Support clients remotely using the BDA Dietitian coaching suite
- Electronic health record system hosted on a secure web platform
- Monitor client progress through their photos, activity and weight logs, as well as set goals, share documents and surveys
- Secure communication with clients between sessions through messaging and video calls
- Text message appointment reminders for patients
- Automated activity and weight logging with integrated Fitbit wireless weight-scale and activity tracker
- Secure data storage and transfer
- Dedicated customer support
- Video-based online training
- Unlimited patient accounts – coach as many patients as you like
Service can be cancelled at the end of each billing period (monthly or annually) with 2 week’s notice.
Dietitians looking for an institutional licence should please get in touch with us at 0121 2008080 or email@example.com.
How to get started
For full details and information on how to sign up, please email Jo Lewis, External Relations and Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.