East England Branch
The East England Branch area covers Essex, Hertfordshire (CM postcode only), Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Central Bedfordshire (excluding MK postcode).
The aim of the branch is to:
- To provide opportunities for networking with a variety of members from different disciplines and organisations;
- To provide educational updates or discussion forums on non specialist clinical/professional issues of general interest;
- Promote the role of the BDA in the region, including recruitment and retention of members – especially students;
- To facilitate cross-departmental collaboration on local/regional projects;
- To provide two-way communication between the BDA and members within that region;
- To provide an opportunity for CPD;
- To provide a link with regional Specialist subgroups.
Ensure that you have 'East England' selected as your branch on your 'My BDA' area to join and receive emails relating to our activities. Keep up to date with the East of England Branch and trending dietetic and nutritional topics in social media by liking our Facebook page and/or following us on Twitter. Feel free to comment and tweet - we appreciate any ideas, feedback and support to drive the branch forward.
Launch event - 7 July 2016
The Branch held a very successful launch event on the 7 July 2016 at a free event at Colchester General Hospital, 5.30pm-8.00pm. The BDA is hoping, with a number of local volunteers, to provide an active and engaged Branch to members living and working in East England, as the area has not had an active Branch for a number of years.
Read more about the event and view the presentations
If you are interested in joining the committee to drive the Branch forward, contact Laura King for further information.
New event coming soon - save the date!
See Events page for more details.