Welcome to the new BDA Cystic Fibrosis Specialist Group! Find out more about the group, our aims and how you can join below.
Established over 20 years ago, but launched as an official BDA Specialist Group on 1 March 2019, the BDA Cystic Fibrosis Specialist Group comprises of dietitians who specialise or have an interest in Cystic Fibrosis (CF) working with adults and/or children with CF.
We have 2 educational meeting a year, with a wide array of speakers. We work in close conjunction with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and are often approached to comment on national documents or be involved in national projects such as Standards of Care for people with Cystic Fibrosis.
We have an annual Educational Award bursary open to all members, to submit a piece of work outlining an innovative aspect of care, good practice or an interesting case study.
- To provide a support network for dietitians to discuss ideas, development projects and collaborative research.
- Develop useful cystic fibrosis tools and resources for members to use in their practice
- Organise useful CPD and networking events for members to attend such as our educational meetings twice a year
- Facilitate working groups on important nutrition issues in cystic fibrosis
- Collaborate with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust on national nutritional guidelines, standards and patient information
- As part of the wider BDA community we hope to increase interest in cystic fibrosis and encourage BDA members to join us and help us grow our impact and influence across the wider dietetic profession.
How to join
CF Specialist group membership is open to all registered dietitians and BDA members. We are pleased to confirm annual cystic fibrosis group membership to just £15 for the year, as we’d like to ensure group membership is affordable and worthwhile for our members. Join us by clicking below.
Further pages will be updated here very soon. In the meantime, if you'd like to chat to existing cystic fibrosis members - please check out the forum tab on the left.