Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity Specialist Group study days
Obesity Specialist Group stream at BDA Research Symposium
4th Dec 2019
We’re excited to announce that the BDA Obesity group are hosting a stream at this years BDA Research Symposium. Abstract submission is now open and closes on the 15th July. Visit https://www.bda.uk.com/events/research_symposium to submit your abstract’
Save the Date – Hot Topics in Obesity Management
We’ve just confirmed that our next BDA Obesity Specialist Group study event will be held in Birmingham on 12th – 13th February 2020. The programme is being developed and we’ve already started to confirm some excellent speakers - keep an eye out for further details but for now secure the data in your diaries!!
Obesity prevention & treatment strategies: What? How? Who? When?
Held on 28th & 29th November 2018, The Studio, Birmingham
*Slides available to BDA Obesity Group members on request to email@example.com
BDA LIVE – The cutting edge of obesity research
Held on 15th March 2018
Hosted by the Obesity Specialist Group
Sessions on the latest evidence for
- very low calorie diets (the DiRECT trial)
- the impact of upselling
- the benefits of setting goals
- intermittent energy restriction
- behavioural research - harnessing habits
Slides available to BDA Obesity group members where indicated.
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
Held on 29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course
- SCOPE - World Obesity Federation Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education e-learning modules