Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity specialist group study days
Obesity: Informing and Influencing Specialist Services
The Studio, Birmingham
28th and 29th November 2018.
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme considering..
What is happening around the UK?
How do we practically implement interventions and approaches?
Who should we collaborate and consult with?
When should we apply theory?
For Full programme and tickets see Eventbrite via link below.
BDA LIVE – The cutting edge of obesity research
Held on 15th March 2018
Hosted by the Obesity Specialist Group
Sessions on the latest evidence for
- very low calorie diets (the DiRECT trial)
- the impact of upselling
- the benefits of setting goals
- intermittent energy restriction
- behavioural research - harnessing habits
Slides available to BDA Obesity group members where indicated.
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
Held on 29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
- Weight stigma
- Apps for overeating?
- Dietetic approaches to Binge Eating Disorder
- Sustainable diets
- Influencing motivation
- Look after yourself
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Psychological issues in bariatric surgery
- Health psychology approaches
- Early emotional eating
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Non-hunger eating
Obesity Management: What is the future?
Held on Thursday, 8th Dec 2016, in Manchester
- Download programme
- Download slides: (BDA Obesity group members only)
- Whole systems approach
- Low carbohydrate diets
- Intermittent energy restriction
- Digital therapeutics
- Nutritional genomics
- Counterweight & DIRECT
- Marketing food to children
Obesity: Care Along the Pathway
Held on Friday 4th March 2016, at Heythrop College, London
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- Leeds Beckett University: Managing Complex Obesity - Master's level module
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course
- SCOPE - World Obesity Federation Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education e-learning modules