Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity specialist group study days
26th European Congress on Obesity
ECO2019: Joint Teaching Course for Dietitians
EASO Nutrition Working Group, EFAD, EDSN and BDA
Sunday 28 April 2019: 8:30-12:30, Scottish Event Campus, Glasgow
More information here
Save the Date – Hot Topics in Obesity Management
We’ve just confirmed that our next BDA Obesity Specialist Group study event will be held in Birmingham on 12th – 13th February 2020. The programme is being developed and we’ve already started to confirm some excellent speakers - keep an eye out for further details but for now secure the data in your diaries!!
Obesity prevention & treatment strategies: What? How? Who? When?
Held on 28th & 29th November 2018, The Studio, Birmingham
*Slides available to BDA Obesity Group members on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
BDA LIVE – The cutting edge of obesity research
Held on 15th March 2018
Hosted by the Obesity Specialist Group
Sessions on the latest evidence for
- very low calorie diets (the DiRECT trial)
- the impact of upselling
- the benefits of setting goals
- intermittent energy restriction
- behavioural research - harnessing habits
Slides available to BDA Obesity group members where indicated.
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
Held on 29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- Leeds Beckett University: Managing Complex Obesity - Master's level module
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course
- SCOPE - World Obesity Federation Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education e-learning modules