Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity specialist group study days
Date: 28th & 29th November 2018
Venue: The Studio, Birmingham
Title: Obesity prevention & treatment strategies: What? How? Who? When?
For dietitians working in and interested in weight management, this event is not to be missed! We have a range of expert speakers across the two days delivering sessions and practical workshops to help enhance knowledge and skills. Key topics include:
- The practical application of using different dietary approaches including very low energy diets, low carbohydrate diets and intermittent energy restriction
- The role of sleep in weight management
- Patient representation from the Obesity Empowerment Network
- And much, much more!
Members of the BDA Obesity specialist group can attend at a reduced price and we’re also offering early bird team discounts – Don’t miss out!
Find out the full details and reserve your place today
BDA LIVE – The cutting edge of obesity research
Held on 15th March 2018
Hosted by the Obesity Specialist Group
Sessions on the latest evidence for
- very low calorie diets (the DiRECT trial)
- the impact of upselling
- the benefits of setting goals
- intermittent energy restriction
- behavioural research - harnessing habits
Slides available to BDA Obesity group members where indicated.
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
Held on 29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
- Weight stigma
- Apps for overeating?
- Dietetic approaches to Binge Eating Disorder
- Sustainable diets
- Influencing motivation
- Look after yourself
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Psychological issues in bariatric surgery
- Health psychology approaches
- Early emotional eating
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Non-hunger eating
Obesity Management: What is the future?
Held on Thursday, 8th Dec 2016, in Manchester
- Download programme
- Download slides: (BDA Obesity group members only)
- Whole systems approach
- Low carbohydrate diets
- Intermittent energy restriction
- Digital therapeutics
- Nutritional genomics
- Counterweight & DIRECT
- Marketing food to children
Obesity: Care Along the Pathway
Held on Friday 4th March 2016, at Heythrop College, London
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- Leeds Beckett University: Managing Complex Obesity - Master's level module
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course
- SCOPE - World Obesity Federation Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education e-learning modules