Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity specialist group study days
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
Details available on Eventbrite.
Childhood Obesity Webinar
16th Oct 2017 7:30-8:30pm
"Is it just puppy fat?" An introduction to children's weight management
Presented by Rachael Brandreth, CN Paediatric Nutrition Professional of the Year 2017
Obesity group members are invited to join the BDA Freelance group for this webinar:
Obesity Management: What is the future?
Held on Thursday, 8th Dec 2016, in Manchester
- Download programme
- Download slides: (BDA Obesity group members only)
- Whole systems approach
- Low carbohydrate diets
- Intermittent energy restriction
- Digital therapeutics
- Nutritional genomics
- Counterweight & DIRECT
- Marketing food to children
Obesity: Care Along the Pathway
Held on Friday 4th March 2016, at Heythrop College, London
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- Leeds Beckett University: Managing Complex Obesity - Master's level module
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course