Obesity Group Events and Courses
BDA Obesity specialist group study days
Obesity prevention & treatment strategies: What? How? Who? When?
Held on 28th & 29th November 2018, The Studio, Birmingham
Slides available to BDA Obesity Group members below:
Sleep and Obesity: What are the links and relevance to clinical care
An insight into GLP-1 medication to support weight loss
Household food insecurity and obesity in UK children
Utilising Social Media in Obesity Intervention
Working with body image issues
Low Carbohydrate Diets: translating theory into practice
Very Low Energy Diets: translating theory into practice
Intermittent Energy Restriction: Translating theory into practice
BDA Obesity Research Grant Presentation: Exploring Weight loss Maintenance.
DiRECT: results from the Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial.
STAndardised Reporting of Lifestyle Weight Management InTerventions to Aid Evaluation (STAR-LITE) -
Empowerment and Collaboration: ''Nothing about us without us''
Specialist Weight Management Dietetics: In date or Out of date?
Delivering Specialist Obesity Intervention for Adults
Delivering Specialist Obesity Intervention for Children & Adolescents:
Group dynamics and social identity in Obesity Healthcare Settings
Developing and Influencing Commissioning: practical steps to preparing your services to retain and win tenders.
BDA LIVE – The cutting edge of obesity research
Held on 15th March 2018
Hosted by the Obesity Specialist Group
Sessions on the latest evidence for
- very low calorie diets (the DiRECT trial)
- the impact of upselling
- the benefits of setting goals
- intermittent energy restriction
- behavioural research - harnessing habits
Slides available to BDA Obesity group members where indicated.
Obesity: Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
Held on 29th and 30th November 2017, The Studio, Birmingham
A 2-day lecture and workshop programme with a focus on behaviour and psychology.
- Weight stigma
- Apps for overeating?
- Dietetic approaches to Binge Eating Disorder
- Sustainable diets
- Influencing motivation
- Look after yourself
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Psychological issues in bariatric surgery
- Health psychology approaches
- Early emotional eating
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Non-hunger eating
Obesity Management: What is the future?
Held on Thursday, 8th Dec 2016, in Manchester
- Download programme
- Download slides: (BDA Obesity group members only)
- Whole systems approach
- Low carbohydrate diets
- Intermittent energy restriction
- Digital therapeutics
- Nutritional genomics
- Counterweight & DIRECT
- Marketing food to children
Obesity: Care Along the Pathway
Held on Friday 4th March 2016, at Heythrop College, London
The following organisations offer relevant CPD courses. Please contact the delivering organisation for more details. Inclusion does not confirm endorsement by the Obesity Specialist Group.
- Leeds Beckett University: Managing Complex Obesity - Master's level module
- University of Nottingham: Obesity Management - Master's level module
- University of Chester: Obesity and Weight Management - MSc / Postgraduate diploma / Postgraduate certificate
- Behaviour Change Training - Adult Weight Management - 1 day course
- Counterweight - Counterweight Plus online - 2 day online course
- SCOPE - World Obesity Federation Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education e-learning modules