Obesity Group Study Event 2018
Obesity prevention & treatment strategies: What? How? Who? When?
November 28th & 29th, Birmingham
Have you got your tickets?
We’re just two weeks from our study event and tickets are selling out fast! Don’t miss out on this highly recommended 2-day event which features world renowned expert speakers!
Here’s just a snapshot of what’s included in the programme:
- Sleep and Obesity - Dr Abd Tahrani, Lead for Weight Management Research, University of Birmingham
- An insight into GLP-1 medication to support weight loss - Twané Celliers Specialist Dietitian
- Utilising social media – Mr Zaher Toumi, Consultant Surgeon, @obsmuk leader, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Empowerment and Collaboration: ''Nothing about us without us'' Maggie Clinton, Founding and Professional Member of the Obesity Empowerment Network UK
- STAndardised Reporting of Lifestyle Weight Management InTerventions to Aid Evaluation (STAR-LITE) Dr Jennifer Logue - Clinical reader in Metabolic Medicine & Dr Ruth Mackenzie, Postdoctoral research associate, University of Glasgow
- Working with body image issues: A risk factor for weight regain: Dr Denise Ratcliffe, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Very Low Energy Diets: translating theory into practice: Dr Adrian Brown, Research Dietitian, Naomi Brosnahan, Research Associate for Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial, Nerys Astbury, Senior Research Fellow, DROPLET study
- Intermittent Energy Restriction: Translating theory into practice: Supporting patients’ Dr Michelle Harvie, Research Dietitian
- Developing and Influencing Commissioning: practical steps to preparing your services to retain and win tenders. Jane Wilson. Dietitian & Senior NHS commissioning Manager
- Delivering Specialist Obesity Intervention for Children & Adolescents: An opportunity to learn and collaborate with peers Shelley Easter Specialist Paediatric Dietitian, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Alongside an action packed agenda, the final panel discussion is not to be missed! ‘Specialist Weight Management Dietetics: In date or out of date?’
Please let us know if you have questions for the panel.
See the full programme and book your tickets today! (link to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/obesity-prevention-treatment-strategies-what-how-who-when-tickets-48006425511)
Don’t forget to also book your place at the social event on the 28th! A great opportunity to socialise with colleagues and network with other professionals working in weight management. Join us at this delightful venue!
We look forward to seeing all of you there!