Study Day (November 2017)
Management of Athletes with Diabetes
The day began with the Sports Nutrition Group AGM and other topics included glucose control pre, during and post exercise; management of a professional athlete with type 1 diabetes; behaviour changes in diabetes.
The day was sponsored by the FrieslandCampina Institute (see more information below).
Special guest speakers included:-
1) Dr Matthew Campbell - Research Scientist in Clinical Exercise Nutrition, Leeds Beckett University
2) Dr Catherine Norton - Lecturer in Nutrition, University of Limerick
3) Dr Nicky Kime - Senior Research Fellow, Leeds Beckett University
4) Sam Brand - Team Novo Nordisk (Cyclist with Type I Diabetes)
5) James Moran - Performance Nutritionist & Registered Dietitian, English Institute of Sport
View the full programme here
Event attendees and Sports Nutrition Group members can visit the FrieslandCampina Institute website to download their new range of sports nutrition booklets and publications. These have been endorsed by the BDA and SENr.