Practice Education Online Learning Module
Practice Education: a resource for those involved in the delivery of dietetic practice education
This module is aimed at all staff who might have contact with a student during their placement. It contains guidance on the purpose of practice education, what a student is expected to achieve on placement and the information they wish to receive. The module goes into detail on learning styles and feedback to effectively utilise the time on placement to consolidate and improve the students’ knowledge and skills.
This resource comprises of an online interactive module, which has regular questions and links to further information; a corresponding workbook that give opportunity for reflection and consideration of key points. A certificate is available following the completion of the module.
This module covers:
- Identifying the audience
- Defining your role
- What does the student need to achieve on placement?
- Assessment: Formative and Summative
- Components of a successful placement
- Models of Practice Education
- Communication and Feedback Techniques
- Identifying and accommodating learning styles
- Reflective learning
- Reflection models