Trade Union Representatives
It is always very exciting to have the opportunity to help ourselves and help others at work. The BDA Trade Union's objective is committed to protecting your interests.
Short cuts to items on this page
- BDA Trade Union Representative
- Election of BDA Trade Union Representatives
- Trade Union Representative Resources
BDA Trade Union Representative
The BDA Trade Union Representative (is also the Health and Safety Representative) represent BDA Members in the workplace with a variety of BDA member issues in respect of their employment and terms and conditions of employment.
So why not become a BDA Trade Union Representative in your workplace. For details of the role see the Trade Union Representatives Role Descriptor.
Election of BDA Trade Union Representatives
Elections of BDA Trade Union Representatives and H&S Representatives (a combined role) will take place every three years in accordance with the BDA Trade Union Terms of Reference and in accordance with the principles of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992.
The current election period runs from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2019.
The next election period will run from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2022.
Nominations for TU Reps for the electoral period 2020-2022 will open on Monday 16 December 2019, and close on Friday 17 January 2020. If a ballot is required, then it will run from Monday 27 January 2020 to Monday 10 February 2020. Successful candidates will then take up office on Friday 14 February 2020.
Full guidance on the election process of BDA Trade Union Election of Trade Union Representatives can be found on the Rule Book section of this website.
Complaints in relation to the elections and ballots will be dealt with by the Head of Employment Relations and must be submitted in writing.
For further advice contact the BDA Trade Union Office Tel 0121 200 8021 or email TUSecretary@bda.uk.com
Trade Union Representative Resources
To assist BDA Trade Union Representatives with their role are the below resources:
Representative Case Management System resources
BDA Guidance on TU Reps Case Recording System (Members Only)
- BDA Trade Union Contact information Sheet (Members Only)
- BDA Trade Union Workplace Inspection Safety Checklist (Members Only)
- BDA Handout - Rights to be Accompanied (Members Only)
- BDA Handout - Facility Time - Representative (Members Only)
- BDA Handout - Disability at Work (Members Only)
- BDA Handout - Agency Workers Regulations (Members Only)
- BDA Handout - Social Media (Members Only)
- Maternity Rights Check List(Members Only)
- BDA Trade Union Bullying postcard - Bullied
- BDA Trade Union Bullying postcard - Help
- BDA Trade Union Bullying Poster A3
(This poster is set to be printed as A3 - however if you do not have access to an A3 printer, please select 'fit to printable area' and then it will print out on an A4 printer)
- BDA Caseload Management Toolkit (Members Only)
- BDA Profesional Guidance on Social Media (Members Only)
- BDA Photography permission form (Members Only)
- BDA Expense Claim Form
Trade Union Representative Recognition Framework
The British Dietetic Association aims to recognise exceptional contributions of Trade Union Representatives for work well done and to those who go ‘above and beyond’ to provide a great service to members.
This framework brings together the various ways in which a trade union representatives efforts can be celebrated, rewarded and recognised.
Trade Union Representative Recognition Framework (Members Only)