Integrated Clinical and Practitioner Academic Programme
The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) and Health Education England (HEE) have an Integrated Clinical and Practitioner Academic Programme to promote clinical academic careers for non-medical and dental healthcare professionals (for example Dietitians) as well as the fellowship programme that is also open to Dietitians.
BDA/NIHR applicants workshop
A recording of the BDA/NIHR applicants workshop is available to watch about previous award winners personal journeys and the NIHR view. The following timings are the starting point for each section of the presentation:
- Vicky Aubrey Pre-Doctoral: 0
- Alastair Duncan Doctoral/Post Doc: 7:09
- Ashley Adamson Post Doc: 18:20
- Q&A: 35:20
- Dave Jones Dean for NIHR Academy: 1:00:00
Includes Q&A at the end.
The following timings are the starting point for each step through the application form:
- Person - 0
- Project - 13:49
- Host and Training programme: 24:00
- Supervision: 34:05
- Q&A: 52:10
NIHR Academic Training Advocate and BDA Workshop - Professor Waljit Dhillo, Dean of the NIHR Academy
Click the link to watch a playback of the NIHR Academic Training Advocate and BDA workshop.
Further guidance for applicants can be found below:
- For some applications (for example NIHR) you are required to find a mentor who will be named in your application as part of your ongoing support team. For other applications you may wish to access a mentor to support you through the process. The BDA has formed a Faculty of Research Mentors in association with our NIHR Dietetic Academic Training Advocates. These are BDA members all willing to act as mentors to help guide you through the next stage of your research career.
- The mentors are able to offer you an individual programme of support, agreed at an initial session to discuss expectations and ground rules. Support may include an initial face to face or Skype discussion, followed by a combination of email, Skype and telephone contact. Initially the programme of support will be for eighteen months, at which point both parties will evaluate the success of the relationship.
Find out more about our research mentors by clicking their profiles below:
If you would like to be put in contact with a mentor please contact us.