Watch back the BDA and NHS England Workforce Training and Education (NHSE WT&E) National AHP Preceptorship and Foundation Support Programme.
Why Dietitians are vital to the NHS Net Zero Targets
Watch back our expert panel guests over lunch to explore some of the big questions on sustainability in relation to Dietetics
The panel discussed:
- Why is food so critical to planetary health and what is the environmental impact of our current diets?
- How can Dietitians help to deliver on green targets and implement sustainability into practice?
- What policies and guidelines do Dietitians need to be aware of?
- How do we embed sustainability in different areas of clinical practice?
- How can we hear about what other Dietitian are doing?
Useful links discussed in webinar
- Delivering a Net Zero NHS report
- Greener Allied Health Professional hub
- Gloucestershire Impact report
- NHS Wales Decarbonisation Strategic Delivery Plan (gov.wales)
- NHS carbon literacy training
- For those in the NHS: Sustainability Leadership for Greener Health and Care Programme - Leadership Academy
- In addition to the Leadership academy training there is NHS Net zero e-learning: E-Learning Module on Environmentally Sustainable Healthcare
- And the step between the above building a net zero e-learning and the Sustainability Leadership training is this carbon literacy course: Carbon Literacy for healthcare - elearning for healthcare (e-lfh.org.uk)
- Centre for Sustainable Healthcare | excellent training courses and AHP network
- Food and nutrition network; About Food & Nutrition Sustainability Network | Sustainable Healthcare Networks Hub
- Sustainable Diets Study Day - Hybrid https://www.bda.uk.com/events/calendar/embedding-sustainability-into-dietetics-and-nutrition.html
- Home - Plant Based Health Professionals UK
It’s challenging to keep up with the big nutrition topics of the day, so the BDA regularly works with its partners to share new research or ideas to support your practice. This series of partner webinars will run throughout the year – catch up on our BDA Conversations here.
As part of our Dietetic Workforce Development Programme, our project to support the development of resources to dietitian in this area saw the BDA Mental Health Specialist Group host a special webinar series in Mental Health Awareness Week 2023, 15-21 May. Have a look at what ech webinar cover and how you can watch them back