Every year we attend a number of industry and public relevant conferences and exhibitions to promote dietetics, the role of a dietitian, BDA membership, in addition to the work undertaken by the BDA and our Specialist Groups.
We need your help to promote and profile your profession at a variety of public and industry events.
I would highly encourage members to volunteer for the BDA at events, to help promote our diverse profession and also to highlight the important role that dietitians play in society today. - Tahira Bashir RD, BDA Member Volunteer at BBC Good Food Show
I would 100% recommend volunteering to any dietetic students. I think it helps build professional skills that you might not gain just at university, such as networking. I also discussed my volunteer role at job interviews when applying for my first job. I believe this conference really helped me decide that diabetes was the area I wanted to work in and now I do! - Toni Batchelor, BDA Student Member Volunteer at Diabetes UK
Most opportunities to support and represent the BDA are open to all members, including students, but some will require particular specialist knowledge, or other criteria.2020 shows we are attending
- Wales Confederation - 5 February at Cardiff City Hall, represented by BDA Wales Board
- Health and Wellbeing at Work - 10 & 11 March at NEC Birmingham (Work Ready approved dietitians)
- Diabetes UK Professional Conference - 18 - 20 March SEC Glasgow, represented by BDA Diabetes Specialist Group. Volunteer opportunties for Glasgow Caledonian University Student Members only
- Northern Ireland Confederation - 30 April & 1 May at La Mon Belfast, represented by BDA Northern Ireland Board
- Primary Care and Public Health - 13 & 14 May at NEC Birmingham
- BBC Good Food Show Summer - 14 - 17 June at NEC Birmingham
- NHS Scotland - 24 & 25 June at SEC Glasgow, represented by BDA Scotland Board
- the allergy + free from show - 3 July at Olympia London
- RCGP Annual Conference - 1 - 3 October at SEC Glasgow
- Food Matters Live - 13 & 14 October at O2 InterContinental Convention Centre
- BAPEN - 17 & 18 November at Hilton Brighton, represented by BDA Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Specialist Group
BDA will arrange your registration to the exhibition/conference in return for representing the BDA for half day on the stand. (Times are either morning or afternoon and to be agreed in advance)
We are unable to cover travel and/or accommodation cost or any other related costs BUT there are benefits for you attending and being on the BDA stand.
- Promote your profession
- Network with a range of profession and the public
- Specialist Groups promote their membership and gain new members or event attendees
- Branches to enthuse members to be more proactive within their branch.
You will only be required to be present on the stand for half a day, you can then enjoy the rest of the time at the show.
If you are interested in attending and representing the BDA at these activities please email email@example.com with the following information
- The show
- Day(s) you are available plus if you have preference to AM or PM
- Membership type and number (if known)
We will aim to notify you with details by email at least 4 weeks prior to the activity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or questions