Dietitians Week 2021 will be taking place from 7 - 11 June 2021. We're working hard to make this another fantastic celebration of dietitians, dietetic support workers and RD2B, with some new twists on our favourite Dietitians Week activities and a particular focus on celebrating the diversity of our members.
This year we're going to be focusing on a number of different themes throughout the week, and hope there will be something for all our members. Some of the themes we want to cover include:
- Celebrating the diversity of the dietetic profession - reflecting on the different backgrounds and experiences of our members.
- Focusing on dietetic careers - encouraging more people (both young and old!) to consider a career in dietetics.
- RD2B, Dietetic Assistants and DIetetic Support Workers - celebrating the important contributions of all parts of the dietetic workforce.
- Promoting public health messages - targetting information on the dietetic and nutrition topics in which the public are most interested.
If you have any other ideas, or think you could contribute to our diversity or patient stories, please get in touch: email@example.com
Although we hope that by June the UK will be heading out of lockdown and COVID-19 will be abating, we have taken the decision not to provide hard copy packs again this year because there is so much uncertainty about whether events will be possible in healthcare premises. We still intend to provide downloadable resources for use online, and hope to provide resources that can be used beyond Dietitians Week.
- Why become a dietitian? Our new careers resources which can be accessed now - we will be launching them properly as of Dietitians Week!
- DW2021 Logo
- DW2021 Email Footer
- #WhatDietitiansDo Graphics:
- What is your dietitian thinking about? Poster
- You wouldn't want... Poster
- Key fact graphics - we're developing five infographics based on the most commonly searched issues on our website
For the past two years we've had a brilliant photo competition to highlight #WhatDietitiansDo - you can see some of last year's here. This year, we want to do something a bit different that should be fun and an opportunity to show just how much dietitians love food!
We want you to submit a photo of your "showstopper" - something that represents what your dietetic practice or what dietetics means to you. We want something really impressive looking; your "best bake" (it doesn't have to be cake!) The more creative the better. Every year we get some amazing looking food shared as part of the week, but this year we want everyone taking part!
All the submissions will be shortlisted by the BDA comms team and then our favourite five will be judged throughout the week on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The entry with the most likes will get a £50 voucher with a runners up prize of £20. If you have a recipe to go alongside you entry, please submit that as well!
We are also looking for case studies from patients and clients who have used dietetic services and want to share their experience. If you are a patient or know a patient who would be happy to share, you can share our online submission form. We're looking forward to sharing their stories throughout the week!