Facilitator Dr Fiona McCullough
**This course is now full, new dates coming soon**
This one-day course is a mix of theory and practice. It will consider why we need group education, the pros and cons of the approach and a step-by-step approach to preparing a group education session. We will think about how people learn, the skills required to facilitate learning and some of the challenges we may face with participants. We will consider the service user perspective.
The aims of this study day are
1. To provide an overview of best practice in group education design and facilitation, and
2. To provide an opportunity to enhance teaching skills, through a range of activities, and reflection on practice.
At the end of the session, delegtaes will be able to:
1. Understand the steps in the process of designing, delivering and evaluating group education
2. Demonstrate an understanding of effective group facilitation skills, including communication
3. Understand the factors which affect group formation and dynamics
4. Recognise aspects of best practice and poor practice in managing challenging individuals
5. Identify your level of competency and areas for improvement in group session design and delivery
This course is also being held face to face on the 23rd June, for full details click here
Full course content available here
- BDA Member £140
- Non Member £170