Hi, I'm Gillian, a Registered Dietitian with 15 years experience working across a range of areas including bariatric surgery and eating disorders. I'm based in Belfast and I offer face to face and online appointments.
I help clients optimise their nutritional intake and improve their relationship with food. We identify and work on thoughts, feelings and behaviours around food and how these are connected. I provide advice and support with changing habits and behaviours.
I work with clients with disordered eating behaviours such as dietary restriction, chronic dieting, binge eating and compensatory behaviours. I work with clients pre and post bariatric surgery and those diagnosed with eating disorders.
I understand how distressing disordered eating and eating disorders can be. There can be so much guilt and shame associated with food choices and eating behaviours. My approach is non-judgemental and compassionate. I provide a safe space and work in collaboration with you to set realistic and achievable goals.
I help clients to
- Progress from disordered eating to normal eating
- Restore nutritional balance
- Increase the variety and quality of food in the diet
- Work on mindset around food and eating
- Move away from rigid food rules
- Tackle feared foods
- Be curious, set goals and problem solve
- Feel empowered to take action with changing behaviours
- Provide psychoeducation on nutrition
- Dispel nutrition myths
- Optimise nutritional deficiencies (if identified as a problem)
- Provide practical advice and support with implementing dietary changes
- Tailor advice to the clients' individual needs
I am passionate about helping clients to make changes that improve their quality of life and overall health and wellbeing.
I have a non weight focused approach and am passionate about ending weight stigma for all.
I offer a free 15 minute discovery call for an initial chat.
Get in touch in you would like to learn more.
MSc Dietetics (Ulster University)- 2009
BSc Neuroscience (University of Glasgow) - 2007
Advanced Dietetics in Eating Disorders (BDA) - 2023
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders (CREDO) - 2023
Eating Disorders Short Course for Dietitians (Leeds Beckett University)- 2020
Other training courses attended - Behaviour Change, Motivational Interviewing, Binge Eating and Diabetes.