In this section
The BDA Food Allergy Specialist Group (FASG) is a group of dietitians working in adult and pediatric allergy.
- FASG has produced free national allergy diet sheets which can be downloaded by FASG members here. Your involvement in developing new diet sheets and/or the updating of diet sheets will be greatly appreciated.
- FASG is actively involved with the British Society for Allergy and Immunology (BSACI), European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) and American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) with members contributing to allergy guidelines, position papers, conference programmes as well as being speakers at the annual meetings. We encourage you to submit abstracts and members can access practical support with this – contact a committee member. This helps raise the profile of the work of dietitians in allergy.
- FASG is developing projects to support professional development of dietitians working in allergy at all levels of practice. We are also working on how dietitians can demonstrate their efficacy. We are co-ordinating the work with the BDA, BSACI, EAACI, International Network for Diet And Nutrition in Allergy (INDANA) and others. Look out in our newsletter and on Basecamp for progress and for opportunities to be involved in this work.
- We encourage membership of INDANA which is free. If you are not already a member of EAACI or AAAAI you will need someone to ‘sponsor’ you, please contact a FASG committee member if you need help with this.
- We host an annual study day including a range of current topics in the field of allergy. Members are eligible for reduced rates. We are working on setting up webinars for the group during 2022 so that we can widen access across the membership.
- We are actively involved in social media. Our Twitter handle is @BDA_FASG
If you would like to know more about Food Allergy group or would like to contact one of the committee members, please email the Food Allergy Group [email protected].