In this section
The BDA Prehabilitation Sub Group is the newest part of the Oncology Specialist Group. The committee is formed of Dietitians who have worked in, currently work, or have a specialist interest in cancer Prehabilitation. The committee is represented by Dietitians from across England and Wales. We welcome Dietitians from the other nations to join the committee to ensure inclusion and diversity.
Membership of the group is on an individual basis. We welcome new members to join the group to network.
The group is keen to work alongside professional bodies and associations, striving to promoting Dietetics within the growing area of Prehabilitation. We welcome collaborative working with charities and aim to ensure accurate information is being provided to our patient cohort.
- To provide a forum through which members can network, share ideas, information, good practice and expertise
- To promote dietetics within prehabilitation, with the publication of guidelines, position statements and evidence.
- To promote high standards of dietetic practice in prehabilitation,
- To be a champion for prehabilitation within and behalf of the BDA, by identifying priority issues and themes that the network can promote, raising debate and discussion among BDA members, and shaping BDA policy, position statements and press releases
- To contribute expert advice to the BDA in responding to national policy and professional development issues, including access to expert leads on specific topics