Are you looking for an experienced Registered Dietitian for a training event or a particular project? Or an individual suffering with a clinical condition? My speciality is diabetes and weight management and I am particularly interested in diets for diabetes into remission. I have also worked as a Bariatric dietitian for private companies. I partner with selected companies and organisations to offer a one stop service for your nutrition needs. I am a Work Ready trained dietitian and experienced in workplace health and wellbeing. Having worked as a University Lecturer I enjoy teaching and training for a wide range of audiences.
If you are looking for evidence based professional advice then please email me at [email protected] or contact me via my website www.eatwellnow.co.uk. Although I am based in South West England I work remotely online with clients all over the UK and Europe.
Key Facts about Debra’s experience:
- Graduated from the University of Surrey in 1993.
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice 2021 (University of Plymouth)
- Full member of the BDA, Freelance Dietitians Group and HCPC registered.
- Over 25 years experience as a Registered Dietitian.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies in Education (PGCert) – University of Exeter 2015 to 2016.
- Accredited BDA Work Ready Dietitian (2018)
- Specialist experience in Obesity, Bariatrics, Diabetes and Home Enteral feeding.
- Webinar Co-ordinator for the Freelance Dietitians Group - organising webinars for FDG members.
- Recent freelance work has included a wide range of projects – nutrition and wellbeing at work events, MUST training workshops to staff in nursing homes, one to one private consultations on a wide range of areas, private bariatric clinics, medico-legal report writing, seeing clients for case management companies, media work, various training workshops, menu planning, computerised dietary analysis, writing articles for magazines, writing blogs and much more.
- Lecturing on Nutrition/dietetics courses - both undergraduate/postgraduate levels.
- Acceptability and tolerance studies for ACBS submissions on various clinical nutrition products. This has included ethics submissions, attendance at ethics meetings and other regulatory type work.
Having worked for a wide range of businesses and organisations has strengthened my clinical and business skills.
I am passionate about food, health and nutrition and enjoy getting creative in the kitchen. My interests getting outdoors, running, cycling and walking in the beautiful south west countryside.