This soup is quick to prepare and can be made with fresh or frozen peas.
750ml boiling water
1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
2 x 15ml spoons fresh mint OR 1 x 5ml spoon dried mint
500g fresh shelled OR frozen peas
Ground black pepper (optional)
Reduced-fat creme fraiche OR low-fat natural yoghurt (optional)
Knife or scissors
Chopping board or a cup
- Measure 750ml of boiling water into the measuring jug. Crumble in the stock cube and stir until dissolved.
- Wash the fresh mint and chop finely.
- Put the peas in the saucepan and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the mint.
- Carefully blend the soup until smooth.
- Add black pepper to taste (if using).
- Serve with 5ml spoon of reduced-fat crème fraîche or low-fat natural yoghurt (optional).
Skills used include:
Weighing, measuring, chopping, mixing/combining, blending, boiling/simmering and serving.