Ms Kate Hilton
My name is Kate, a freelance dietitian who graduated in 2020. I primarily specialise in weight management via a non-diet approach, alongside the management of obesity-related conditions including cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. I do, however, consider clients who wish to see a dietitian for other conditions, such as those listed below.
I have gained experience in a wide variety of different conditions over the past 2 years of my career, due to working on the COVID, neuro-rehabilitation, respiratory, care of the elderly, orthopaedic and emergency wards, alongside working as a Specialist Diabetes Dietitian within the NHS. My experience includes, but is not limited to the following:
- disease related malnutrition
- managing COPD with nutrition
- nutrition and dementia
- nutrition and Parkinson's disease
- COVID- during and post-infection nutrition
- Coeliac disease
- IBS, diverticular disease and IBD
- Tube feeding
- nutrition post traumatic brain injury (eg. post-stroke or RTI)
- weight management, including weight loss >4 stone
- women's health (PCOS)
- Diabetes management, including carb awareness and carb counting, carbohydrate manipulation to improve glycaemic control and interpreting blood glucose graphs alongside food diaries.
I offer telehealth services, including both phone calls and video calls, whichever one suits you best.