Elizabeth Washington was one of the founder members of the BDA and served in a number of capacities for many years including Honorary Secretary, Honorary Chairman and Education Committee member.
The 2023 Elizabeth Washington Award will be given for:
A dietitian’s published/presented educational work in 2022 which is broadly within the discipline of nutrition and dietetics.
Those entering the Award should be aware of the following criteria:
- The dietitian must be an acknowledged author and the work addressed to other dietitians, Professional colleagues, students, patients or the general public. It could cover nutrition education, health improvement/health promotion, education of colleagues, standards, clinical guidelines or other educational topics. The applicant may be (a) sole author, or (b) principal author of a multi-author publication, or (c) two or more BDA members in equal joint partnership.
- The entry must be educational. It could be an article/paper, published review paper in a journal, e-learning, a textbook, booklet, chapter in a book, website or a toolkit. Articles printed as an abstract or in conference papers are not eligible nor are sponsored items. NB. This list is not exhaustive.
- The work must have been published/made available/launched during the calendar year 2022.
- The dietitian can submit items previously submitted for other external awards.
- The entry must be accompanied with the completed entry template.
The Award is open to all BDA dietitian members and the winner will receive £2,000.
The winner will be invited to attend the BDA Awards Ceremony in Birmingham on Tuesday 4 July 2023. If the winning entry has multiple authors the BDA will only be able to support attendance for one person.
The deadline for entries is Friday 21 April 2023.
How to enter
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com, with the title 'Elizabeth Washington Award'
- Please clearly indicate which award you are entering, as well as your name, BDA membership number, address for correspondence, phone number, email address, current position, place of work and the name of your manager.
- Detail where and when the work was published.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be notified in June 2023 and the Award presented at our BDA Awards Ceremony in Birmingham on 4 July.