Elizabeth Washington was one of the founder members of the BDA and served in a number of capacities for many years including Honorary Secretary, Honorary Chairman and Education Committee member.
The 2020 Elizabeth Washington Award will be given for:
A dietitian’s published/presented educational work in 2019 which is broadly within the discipline of nutrition and dietetics.
Those entering the Award should be aware of the following criteria:
- The dietitian must be an acknowledged author and the work addressed to other dietitians, Professional colleagues, students, patients or the general public. It could cover nutrition education, health improvement/health promotion, education of colleagues, standards, clinical guidelines or other educational topics. The applicant may be (a) sole author, or (b) principal author of a multi-author publication, or (c) two or more BDA member in equal joint partnership.
- The entry must be educational. It could be an article/paper, published review paper in a journal, e-learning, a textbook, booklet, chapter in a book, website or a tool-kit. Articles printed as an abstract or in conference papers are not eligible nor are sponsored items. NB. This list is not exhaustive.
- The work must have been published/made available/launched during the calendar year 2019.
- The dietitian can submit items previously submitted for other external awards.
- The entry must be accompanied with the completed entry template.
The Award is open to all BDA dietitian members and the winner will receive £2,000. The winner will be expected to present their work at a BDA national event. If the winning entry has multiple authors the BDA will only be able to support attendance for one person.
The deadline for entries is 20 March 2020.
How to enter
- If your entry can be emailed then please do so, to the email address below.
- Please clearly indicate which award you are entering, as well as your name, BDA membership number, address for correspondence, phone number, email address, current position, place of work and the name of your manager.
- Detail where and when the work was published.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Submit your entry to:
Stuart Mills, Trusts & Awards Administrator,
The British Dietetic Association,
3rd Floor, Interchange Place
151-165 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2TA.
Winners will be notified by April 2020 and the Award presented at a national or key regional BDA event during 2020.