Where should I study Dietetics?

The courses listed below are the only route to qualifying as a dietitian in the UK. All courses are approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and all are accredited with the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and can use the BDA logo above.

If you are considering applying for one of the courses below or are an existing student on one of the courses, you are eligible to join the BDA as a Student Member.

UniversityUndergraduate / Postgraduate


Birmingham City University MSc Dietetics
Coventry University
BSc (Hons) Dietetics and Human Nutrition (3 year programme)
BSc Dietetics (4 year programme)
King's College London
BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics
MSc/ PGDip Dietetics
Leeds Beckett University
BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics
MSc Dietetics
London Metropolitan University
Dietetics and Nutrition - MSc 
Dietetics and Nutrition BSc (Hons) 4 Year Programme
Teesside University MSc Dietetics (Pre Registration)
University of Chester
BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma/ MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
University of Nottingham  Master of Nutrition & Dietetics
University of Plymouth BSc (Hons) Dietetics
University of Surrey  BSc Hons Nutrition & Dietetics

University of Hertfordshire

BSc (Hons) Dietetics

Northern Ireland

Ulster University BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma /MSc Dietetics


Glasgow Caledonian University
BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Queen Margaret University 
BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma / MSc Dietetics

Robert Gordon University

BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics


Cardiff Metropolitan University
BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition & Dietetics
MSc/Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics