Where should I study?

The courses listed below are the only route to qualifying as a dietitian in the UK. All courses are approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and all are accredited with the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and can thus use the BDA logo above.

UniversityUndergraduate / Postgraduate


Coventry University BSc (Hons) Dietetics
King's College London
BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma/MSc Dietetics
Leeds Beckett University
BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics
London Metropolitan University
BSc (Hons) Dietetics and Nutrition
Post Graduate Diploma Dietetics and Nutrition
MSc Dietetics and Nutrition
University of Chester
BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma/ MSc Nutrition & Dietetics
University of Nottingham
Undergraduate Master of Nutrition
  (4 year programme)
University of Plymouth BSc (Hons) Dietetics
University of Surrey  BSc Hons Nutrition/Dietetics

University of Hertfordshire

BSc (Hons) Dietetics

Northern Ireland

Ulster University BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma /MSc Dietetics


Glasgow Caledonian University
BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Dietetics
Queen Margaret University 
BSc (Hons) Dietetics
Post Graduate Diploma / MSc Dietetics

Robert Gordon University

BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics


Cardiff Metropolitan University
BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition & Dietetics
MSc/Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics

If you are considering applying for one of the above courses or are an existing student currently on one of the above courses at the named universities, you are eligible to join the BDA as a Student Member. Find out more.