Hosted by Paediatric Oncology Specialist Sub-Group
The meeting is for dietitians delivered by dietitians. The session will showcase feedback from surveys, service improvements projects, and research undertaken by members of the group.
The lineup includes:
- Christina Hills, Paediatric and TYA Oncology Dietitian, University College London Hospital
Topic: Street Vendor – Online dietary resource for young people with cancer
- James Evans, NIHR Clinical Doctorate Academic Fellow and Specialist BMT Paediatric Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
Topic: A mixed-methods study investigating complications, outcomes and family experiences of gastrostomy feeding in paediatric bone marrow transplant
- Erin Shillinglaw, Paediatric Dietitian – Critical Care and Renal at Royal Hospital for Children and Young People Edinburgh
Topic: Refeeding syndrome in paediatrics – survey results
- Alisa Morris, Paediatric Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
Topic: A review of food safety guidance across UK paediatric oncology principal treatment centres and stem cell transplant centres
Short presentations: case studies, question feedback and AOB:
- Benchmarking paediatric cancer catering provision – feedback Gemma Renshaw, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust
- Multiprofessional Group of CCLG – update Gemma Renshaw, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust
- Paediatric oncology dietitian competencies – feedback/discussion Karen Jepson, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Blended Diet in Paediatric Oncology – feedback. Jeanine Meurig, Sheffield Children’s NHS Trust
- Caring for patients with pancreatic insufficiency during intensive chemotherapy – case study.
- Complex Gut failure during treatment for ALL – case study
- James Lind Alliance - update. Louise Henry, Royal Marden NHS Foundation Trust
If you have any additional agenda items please contact Louise Henry before 29 November. We look forward to seeing you there!This webinar is for members of the Paediatric Oncology Specialist Sub-Group members only.