Welcome to the home of the BDA Maternal and Fertility Nutrition specialist group. This group represents HCPC registered dietitians with a specialist role or interest in maternal health and nutrition, pregnancy and female and male fertility. We promote the specialist role of dietitians in multidisciplinary teams and many members of our group are also actively involved in research projects within the field of maternal health and fertility.
- Maternal nutrition (effective pre-conception, ante-natal and post-natal inclusive of complex pregnancies, multiple pregnancies)
- Fertility (male and female)
- Assisted conception
The aims of the BDA Maternal and Fertility Nutrition specialist group are to:
- Act as a forum for sharing information, develop high quality evidence based practice and contribute to and develop national guidelines within the areas of maternal nutrition, pregnancy and fertility
- Act as a voice of professional expertise and raise the profile of dietitians working in maternal and fertility nutrition, particularly within multidisciplinary teams, the media and general public
- Encourage and enable continued professional development (CPD) within our membership
Access to an exclusive network of UK wide dietitians working in or with interest in the area of maternal health and fertility in a closed discussion forum and Facebook group
Find out about upcoming events via newsletters or announcements (meetings, CPD sessions, workshops, webinars, study days/ conferences)
Use of official group membership logo
Discounted rate for study days
Access to sub-groups within the group such as maternal nutrition (preconception, ante-natal and post-natal), fertility nutrition (female and male) and assisted conception
For more information, explore the site or contact a member of the BDA Maternal and Fertility Nutrition Specialist Group committee. All committee members can be contacted via MaternalFertilitySG@bda.uk.com
Please note: The BDA Maternal and Fertility specialist group does not give advice directly to individual members of the public.